Meth Mod deprecated

by Shylie

make drugs, get rich

6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15

i Suggestion

7 years ago

Perhaps not permanent bonuses, but maybe temporary?

Also am addiction mechanic, maybe?

7 years ago

I might add the addiction mechanic, but how would it work?

Temporary bonuses are something that I probably will include for things like running speed, because running at 200x speed permanently would make gameplay impossible

7 years ago

Maybe penalties if you haven't used a drug after a while?

7 years ago

and what about alcohol ? making you stronger so you can carry more stuff but sometimes they drop

what about the negative effect associated with the drug ? , lack of steroid or narcotic for 10 minutes ? you will progressively decrease to 50% of your max health unless you find some drug again.

without shroom you'll become very slow ect

fun mod :)

( the "narcotic plus" description understate their real effect )

7 years ago

I'm very new to modding, this mainly was a mod to learn how modding works, but since then has become a fun thing to work on in my free time.

So I think there's 60 game ticks a second by default, so how many game ticks should pass before a negative effect comes in, and how many game ticks does the effect last before it wears off (eg you're no longer addicted), and how many drugs should it take to get addicted?

Also, should amount of drugs consumed bfore quitting affect rehabilitation rate?

Thanks for the suggestions!

7 years ago

If you are going to evolve this mod then I definitely like the idea of adding in "addiction"/"rehab" but it should be done well. I.e. You should have to consume a certain amount of a drug before the "addiction" penalties kick in. And if you do the "rehab" properly it will make the addiction penalties go away. Or maybe they slowly decay and just go away after a set period of time.

You are correct 1 second = 60 ticks. I haven't done any testing or even gotten around to using this mod yet but off the top of my head I'd say:

Meth: Addiction kicks in after 3-4 uses. Addiction should be pretty chaotic and last for a little while, 3-5 minutes?
Shrooms: Addiction kicks in after 10+ uses. Addiction should be pretty mild but last for a while, 5-10 minutes?
Narcotic: Addiction kicks in after 1-2 uses. Addiction should be moderate and last 4-7 minutes?

Something along those lines would be a good jumping off point I think. Anybody else have some suggestions/ideas?

7 years ago

Great job and thanks for your time making and evolving this mod!

7 years ago

er what about steroids? you forgot those

7 years ago

Was just a jumping off point...Haven't used the mod I'll try it out later tonight. Sorry mate!

New response