Make burners GREAT again!

by jbox1

Ever wanted to mine uranium with a burner miner? Wanted a better burner inserter? Mobile genorator? How about a burner assembler? Well now you have it!

Tweaks
5 years ago

g how do i research techs with green science ?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

the idea is great, but it still needs some work ...

maybe some other mod has messed this up (edit: no, since i now have removed ALL other mods except yours and it is still the same), but how do i research techs that require green science ? on my current test map your mod has given me basic labs which have only one slot for red bottles, no second slot for any other bottles and since i can't put the green bottles in the slot for red bottles, how do i research more techs ?

i also found that mining basic labs gives back normal labs (which can't be used since i don't know how to get power)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You will need to unlock Electronics to unlock power generation equipment. Luckily, electronics takes red science.

This is my first mod, it's pretty rough around the edges, and fairly flimsy. I appreciate your feedback!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'll look into the labs bug...

Edit: Easy fix, I just forgot to change the part of the prototype that handles removing it :D

5 years ago

You will need to unlock Electronics to unlock power generation equipment. Luckily, electronics takes red science.

it was a mod conflict :-( although i had reduced the mods to only two, that other mod just was modifying research techs too, and thus electronics only enabled fast inserters and long handed inserters, but nothing else.

now i have removed that other mod too and the electronics research that i already had done now really has boiler, steam engine, small pole and labs, BUT those items are not enabled for me since i had researched the tech before those items were part of the tech :-(

usually, such an effect happens when a mod is installed after a tech already has been researched, and then the problem is (or rather should be) taken care of by a migration file that checks which techs are researched and reset them so that the items belonging to that tech are enabled. in this case, this mod was not changed or installed and thus no migration would have been run, but the problem occured because of removing another mod that hid the items of this tech. i have no idea how this can (should) be resolved ...

5 years ago

I lack experience in modding, so I might have some difficulty doing this.

In other news, I've fixed the labs!

New response