Long Reach

by Geend

You can reach anything you can see. You can build anywhere you can see.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18

g 0.16

6 years ago

Is anyone maintaning this? Will there be version for 0.16?

6 years ago

I hope so!

6 years ago

The github page says it is NOT being maintained. Probably there will be no 0.16 version of this particular long reach mod.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The github page says it is NOT being maintained. Probably there will be no 0.16 version of this particular long reach mod.

that's a bummer for sure. this is a great QoL mod.

6 years ago

Actually, long reach is working fine, but it's disabled because the version info in the info.json file says the mod is suited for 0.15.

I saw a discussion on reddit about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/7jl5fi/i_updated_squeak_through_and_long_reach_for_016/

As suggested there, a simple change to the info.json file resolves the issue:
{
"name": "long-reach",
"version": "0.0.8",
"title": "Long Reach",
"author": "James Aguilar",
"contact": "aguilar.james@gmail.com",
"homepage": "http://github.com/jaguilar",
"description": "You can reach anything you can see. You can build anywhere you can see.",
"factorio_version":"0.16",
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.13.0"]
}

And works OK for me, although I did only brief testing - in 0.16.6 (build 34439, win64). Not my mod, not my solution, but I thought to share this anyway because it's so simple...

6 years ago

confirmed turminderxuss' fix works - thanks bud!

6 years ago

I think i'm missing something. I'm on a mac, i've found the json files, mod folder, etc. I don't see how to make the edits. I feel like I'm missing something so simple that it's right in my face. any basic tips? click here, do this kinda stuff that might help?

6 years ago

figure it out I think. thanks for the help all!

6 years ago

This mod is now maintained again and updatet for 0.16

6 years ago

Thanks for updating to v0.16

I am having one issue, now I cannot open item GUI (ie boxes assemblers etc) from zoomed in map mode.

I have tried with and without non-placeable items in my hand.
I have tried changing the map scroll to middle click so it doesn't interfere.
I have tried changing the GUI open to middle click (with map drag back on left).

6 years ago

Zoomed map mode is currently not supported. Maybe I'll add this feature (if thats possible with the modding api...)

New response