Long Reach

by Geend

You can reach anything you can see. You can build anywhere you can see.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 0.18

b Not working with 0.15.27

6 years ago

I was playing last night on 0.15.26 and it was working just fine. Load up the game this morning after the game patched, and now my reach is back to default. It's still loaded and enabled, and if I start a new game the reach is where it is supposed to be.

It just seems to be broken with this one particular save.

6 years ago

I had the exact same problem. I managed to fix it by doing the following:

• load up the saved game
  • open the command console (press the ~ key)
  • type "/c game.forces["player"].character_build_distance_bonus = 119" without quotes and hit enter. This should fix the build distance
  • open the command console again
  • type "/c game.forces["player"].character_reach_distance_bonus = 119" without quotes and hit enter. This should fix the reach distance.

I'm not sure why the error occurs or if there's an easier fix but this worked for me.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This also happens for me if I add a new mod, I just re-confirmed. I knew I wasn't crazy BWHAHAHAHAHA.

After some time of spiritual cleansing and meditation, I recommend to deeply inhale your favourite incense while performing the following ritual (so you don't invalidate achievement progress):

• In your game, while playing, press Escape (or whatever key brings up YOUR Game menu).
  • Click the Options button.
  • In the Options menu, click the Mods button.
  • The Map tab of the Mod settings menu should be opened.
  • Change the Long Reach options to a higher/lower number (by 1 or so) than is, to invoke a change, and apply the setting to the current game/map.
  • Click Apply.
  • Return to your game.

The Long Reach mod bonus should now be back in effect.

Exhale. Continue breathing normally.

6 years ago

Thanks, easy fix. This would have been annoying really quick

6 years ago

Download "long reach fix" by using the in-game mod installer. Only thing that worked for me.

6 years ago

thanks jack. hopefully it can be fixed so it doesn't break when you install extra mods

New response