Liquid Science

by pfg

A mod that turns science into a liquid that you have to fill science packs with bottlers

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

g How To

7 years ago

I have looked everywhere in the tech tree and items that can be created. Where do I find the ability to create the blue chemical plants needed for your mod?

7 years ago

You should already be able to craft them

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

the idea to have real science vials is nice, and it's also nice that i am not required to have bobs/angels to make it work. but:

using the newest version 0.1.5, i just had the same problem as blackdrako3000, and finally could find those blue machines in the crafting tab "useful combinators", and they had the name "unknown key: entity-name.science-pump" :-(
similarly, the glas recipe was in the same tab, and had the name "unknown key: item-name.glass" :-(
I also would recommend the crafting time to be more similar to smelting other ore instead of being only 0.5, and the mining hardness and mining time be much faster since it is only sand and no massive ore/rock.

the blue machines are also a bit buggy: mining them puts them in my inventory as vanilla chemical plants. until i had tested them and found a layout for the liquid science, i already had one or two dozends of those chemical plants :-(

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

That's really strange, I'm looking into the mining bug edit: found the issue and not sure how I didn't see it before.

In my testing, the science pumps go into a category with a question mark but if I should get them in a real tab. You might have a mod that changes the question mark tab to be its own

Edit: also found the unknown key problem

6 years ago

These issues have been fixed in the latest update

6 years ago

the idea to have real science vials is nice, and it's also nice that i am not required to have bobs/angels to make it work. but:

using the newest version 0.1.5, i just had the same problem as blackdrako3000, and finally could find those blue machines in the crafting tab "useful combinators", and they had the name "unknown key: entity-name.science-pump" :-(

It should've been in a "Not Sorted" category before but now it is with all the other plates

similarly, the glas recipe was in the same tab, and had the name "unknown key: item-name.glass" :-(

Fixed

I also would recommend the crafting time to be more similar to smelting other ore instead of being only 0.5, and the mining hardness and mining time be much faster since it is only sand and no massive ore/rock.

Updated

the blue machines are also a bit buggy: mining them puts them in my inventory as vanilla chemical plants. until i had tested them and found a layout for the liquid science, i already had one or two dozends of those chemical plants :-(

Fixed - not sure how I didn't notice that one in any of my testing

New response