Life Pods

For those of us who love factorio's gameplay, but wish there were more of a challenge. If you want to feel a constant pressure to work fast and efficiently, a danger that you might ultimately fail, then this mod is for you. Also adds some incentives to build multiple distant bases connected by trains.

2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Error while loading mod

6 years ago

Hey,

got an error while loading the mod:
life-pods/data-final-fixes.lua:160:attempt to compare number with nil

Mod has to be deactevited to get the game startet.

6 years ago

This is probably an incompatibility with some other mod you have on. Could you try starting with no other mods, to verify? I can probably fix it if you can figure out what mod it is.

6 years ago

I found out that the error occurs when following mods are activated (just one mod plus life pods at a time):

• AAI Industries
  • Bobs electronics
  • Bobs metals, chemicals and Intermediates,
  • Angel's refining

thx ;-)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Turns out I'm not going to have time to get to this for a while. It should work if you disable those mods, or you can wait a week or two for the fix.

Sorry :(

6 years ago

No problem, I can wait ;-)

Thx!

6 years ago

The immediate cause of the bug you were seeing was a stupid typo bug. However, fixing that revealed some other problems with mod cross compatibility. I'll be uploading a new version in a couple days that should fix the small issue causing this bug, and also be more compatible with other mods in general.

With all these mods on at once, the items recipe tree is very complex and the life pods mod has a hard time calculating the fair consumption rates of different things. There's two fundamental issues:

1) Load time: with a complex tree it can take a very long time at startup. I added an error if its taking too long, and a setting called "Mod Compatibility" which you can change from "strict" to "loose" to make it load anyway as best it can despite the error.

2) Balance: The more complex the mods get, the less I can promise that the life pod consumption rates are balanced. AAI, Bob's Electronics, and Bob's Intermediates should all be kinda sorta balanced. Angel's Refining changes the basic ore types on the map, and makes it very hard for me to programatically estimate how valuable different resources are. So no promises on the balance front with lots of mods.

Anyway, new version coming in two or three days.

6 years ago

Version 1.5.8 Should address this issue and generally improve mod compatibility. You may need to change the Mod Compatibility setting from "strict" to "loose" depending on how complex the mods you have are.

New response