Life Pods

For those of us who love factorio's gameplay, but wish there were more of a challenge. If you want to feel a constant pressure to work fast and efficiently, a danger that you might ultimately fail, then this mod is for you. Also adds some incentives to build multiple distant bases connected by trains.

2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Add to existing game?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

LOVE the idea of this mod, but I don't want to start a new game.
Could the mod be updated/modified to allow it to be added to an existing game? Currently trying to load the mod with an existing game gives an error (on_init:life-pods/infrastructure.lua:99: attempt to index field 'rescue' (a nil value)).

EDIT: I was able to "rig" your code to get it to add to the existing game, however I doubt my "solution" would work in other settings. Still think this would be a nice feature for a future release. Also, REALLY like the concept and the mod. Thanks for making it!

6 years ago

Hmm, I thought I already had that to be honest, but maybe my update to 0.15.x compatibility broke it.

6 years ago

(I will look into it.)

6 years ago

Thanks! The problem appeared to be with the UI? The error it threw appeared to be related to where the code tried to reference the UI before the UI had actually been initialized.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Blech, it got broken when I moved to the new Mod Settings infrastructure (which is great btw). It was trying to apply the mode setting before it had done the right initialization to know what it meant. It should be fixed now; at least, an old save I have kicking around from factorio 0.12 now loads. I haven't tested beyond that; definitely let me know if there's any further problem.

New response