Life Pods

For those of us who love factorio's gameplay, but wish there were more of a challenge. If you want to feel a constant pressure to work fast and efficiently, a danger that you might ultimately fail, then this mod is for you. Also adds some incentives to build multiple distant bases connected by trains.

2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b bob compability

7 years ago

I like the ideo of this mod and would like to play it.
But I am usually playing with bobs mods and I get an error if I try to use both:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/da8a10773a8c46e0ad646e60c2a9baf9.png

7 years ago

Hmm ... it looks like it's trying to figure out how many repair points a "void" should be worth and getting some kind of error. I bet Bob's mod has a "void" item whose cost is somehow different from anything I was expecting. Maybe it's cost 0? I'll look into it.

7 years ago

I've downloaded boblibrary (0.13.1) and bobelectronics (0.13.1), and I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Can you see if you get the error with only those mods, or if not let me know what other mods you've got so I can isolate which is actually incompatible.

7 years ago

===FIXED===

Oh it was the "Bob's Plates" prereq mod. The problem was indeed that there were items with 0 ingredients, so it had no idea what they should be worth. I gave it a default value, so the crash should be resolved. The balance with Bob's mod might still be way off; no guarantees there.

7 years ago

Yes, you are right, the bug appeared with following constellation:
life-pods_0.0.4
boblibrary_0.13.1
bobplates_0.13.2

Thank you for the fix.

The void recipe is e.g. used to release not needed gas into the atmosphere.

7 years ago

I am able to create a new game now.
But if try to load a save, where Life Pods was not used before, following error occurs:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/6c6499335fc94e3ebfdcbf593febf473.png

7 years ago

Oh yeah, I have not added any support for loading life pods into a save that didn't have it previously. I may get to that but it's not a super high priority for me.

7 years ago

Added support for loading in 0.1.3

6 years ago

Very nice, thank you!

New response