Leighzer's Cheetah Ore

Adds a new ore that can be processed into high octane fuels.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g This is a great mod!

4 years ago

I love the idea, and, personally, I use the "slow fuel" for my base power as soon as I can research and craft it, because I like the look of it the best!

4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! Very cool, yes as for how complicated the "slow fuel" recipe is, I think the payoff is worth it.

4 years ago

So, hey, I've been inspired by your mod to make my own mod, although it's currently just in the planning stages.

4 years ago

Awesome! Good luck! If I have any advice to offer, it is to keep the mod small and simple, something that you can easily slap on vanilla. This will make it easier to support other mods. If you are doing a big overhaul mod, focus on your mod alone, don't worry about supporting other mods as that becomes complicated fast!

4 years ago

Thanks! :D For right now, it's along the scale of this mod, and sorta like it, even. Specifically, about a new ore that can be refined into better fuels, focused on larger fuel values, and not vehicle acceleration like this one is.

4 years ago

Sweet, sounds cool. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!

4 years ago

Thanks! I mean, I've literally not even started to make it other than making a plan on what to include. Also I'm thinking about having optional compatibly with this mod, and have some sort of hybrid fuel.

4 years ago

What do you think about that? Also, could it be possible for this mod to be RSO compatible?

4 years ago

Sure sounds cool! Maybe advanced processing techniques could be introduced to combine the different fuels (slow cheetah and x makes an extremely large capacity fuel cell, maybe introduce liquid byproducts to introduce complexity so it isn't over powered. Could add a distillation process to convert from fast fuel to a slow burn or vice versa).

There's a lot of ways one could go! You could add an optional dependency to your mod for Cheetah ores, this indicates to players that your mod has extra functionality with this one, and gurantees in each data stage (initial, update, and final fixes) that your code will always run after Cheetah ore code, very useful. Also you would have complete creative control, wouldn't require any code on my end.

Let me know if you'll need any changes on my end, happy to accommodate. Pm me on the Factorio forums if you want to further brainstorm intercompatibility.

As for RSO, I'll get the process started with Orzelek! (If you're curious, you create a RSO resource config, supply to Orzelek, then they go on to release new version with latest mod support.)

4 years ago

Hey, how are you doing? How's the RSO support going?

4 years ago

Keeping busy! I'm working on my biggest mod yet haha and it is taking time. Woops! I totally forgot about RSO support, I'll get that submitted right now.

How is your mod coming along?

4 years ago

Honestly, I've not really done anything with my own... and I've got two other ideas for mods, now, too. One about an ore that has an ammo value, for gun turrets... and a BobsAngel's or Py like overhaul mod....

4 years ago

I've actually started to work on making a mod, finally! It's magic-y, based on the four classic Greek elements. How's your new mod going?

4 years ago

Awesome! Sounds cool! Will it be an overhaul or more like vanilla+? How will the four ores work?

It is going pretty well, real close to being finished. Worked out last big problem I needed to solve, really just need one or two more good stabs to complete it.

4 years ago

It's currently planned on being vanilla+, with integration into my overhaul mod, should I ever make that. There's not actually ores for the four elements (which I've currently only got in crystal form), but instead you refine them from vanilla resources. Water, obviously, given a lot of water and a lot of time, will get you water crystals. Coal will get you fire, stone will get you earth... and then there's oil. Crude oil can be refined into earth, fire, and water crystals. Petroleum gas can be refined into air and earth crystals. That's all I've got so far written out.

4 years ago

So, yeah, what do you think about that? Also, what's your big mod about?

4 years ago

Sounds real cool! I take it from the crystals the player may be able to craft/use them in some cool ways? Definitely intriguing!
As for my new mod, it's going to be a surprise!

4 years ago

Indeed, I've got a few things you can use them for. For now, I've just got A: Water crystals can be used for pipes and fluid tanks. B: Fire crystals are a good fuel. C: Earth crystals can be made into stone bricks. D: Air crystals can be used to make empty fuel capsules, which can be filled with the various oil types to make different types of fuel capsules.

4 years ago

Sounds great I like the idea!

New response