Krastorio2 Extended Endgame

Extends the last phase of the game by requiring you to invest a large amount of research and energy before you can create a stable singularity with Krastorio2's intergalactic transceiver.

Tweaks
10 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [0.1.1] Incomaptibility(?) with Natural evolution enemy(?)

3 years ago

A guy report this on our server:

3 years ago

I think the correct way to define the open sound in Factorio 0.18.X is:

local sounds = require("prototypes.entity.demo-sounds") -- At the beginning of the file
open_sound = sounds.gate_open -- In the entity definition

U should change this in the entity prototype definition file

3 years ago

Hm, I am actually using Natural evolution as well without issues. But I guess you are right: It should be safer to use the predefined lists of sounds instead of referencing them directly, which should also future-proof it against all potential changes to the base-files in coming updates.
I will patch it in a new version.

3 years ago

OK, I now see what's going on: The gate-sounds I'm trying to use for the opening and closing effects of the transceiver didn't exist in Factorio version <=0.18.13. I've now fixed this by specifying that you need at least 0.18.18 to run the mod. This was probably also the root-cause for the original issue that was raised.

Thank Khalcifer for your post.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

the error appears if you put all required items
https://gyazo.com/532ecdc64e647a96e5ec54c916561f41

3 years ago

Hm, I see. Are you by any chance using multiple transceivers at once? I wasn't able to reproduce this but I believe I know where this might stem from: Once you insert all the required items the building is replaced with a new one of a different type. This modifies the list which is being iterated trough and which is mentioned in the error message you posted.
I've uploaded a new version which should not contain this possible issue anymore. Thanks again.

3 years ago

works for now, I will test

New response