King Jo's Flag

Animated flag that turns into the wind direction.

Content
7 months ago

g Vehicle Idea

2 years ago

I'm just curious, but how feasible would it be to add the Koloss 44 train from Necromunda: Hired Gun to Factorio? In true Warhammer 40k fashion, this super-train is about ten times bigger than regular modern locomotives, with each car being able to carry an entire normal train's worth of cargo. Admittedly, I have no idea what references I could give you or where one could find the 3d models. From what I understand, Code-wise, it should be fairly easy to scale up the existing trains and replace the sprites, but how would the game respond to such large tracks being put down at such potentially large scales? I have no clue, and no idea how to even begin this type of project. All I really have to offer is the idea. If that doesn't work out, a regular sized side-grade similar to the war-rig mod you've published would still be awesome! I know you're a busy guy, so if this never happens, I'll be ok with that. I'm spoiled for choice in Factorio mods already. I just thought I would put this out there.

Thanks for your time!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

1. Find 3D-Model (1. problem)
2. Make the sprites (easy)
3. Decide: Factorio train scale or huge and ugly but accurate scale (2. problem)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 years ago

lol!

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more appealing the Factorio train scale looks. Having it that huge would make it so unwieldy that it would be hard to make infrastructure for it, and it would only really be practical over very long distances, given the probably abysmal load/unload times. As for where to find the 3d model, I fear you have a lot more experience with that than I do.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

New response