Bottleneck, the simple version deprecated

by ixu

A tool for locating input starved machines, spawned from Bottleneck-mod 0.11.3 by trold Better use Bottleneck Lite

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Sorry.. dont get the new update... going back to red, yellow, green

4 years ago

i liked and used this version ... for the simple but nice looking green, yellow, red lamps

with the latest update they are gone ...for the not so nice "icons" in blue, white, whatever....
i think the purpose of the original bottleneck was simple and complete...
now this is "broken" too ;-)

i installed 0.1.1 again .. and will stick there... ...thanks for yout work to port it to 0.18

4 years ago

Didn't expected that. In that case I will try to provide a 0.1.1-mode or so as a setting.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I would also like the classical "lamps" (no icon overlays) back

3 years ago

I tried it but it is not so so easy. So I recommend using the old version.

3 years ago

What exactly do you mean? You cannot replace the graphics themselves with the old assets?

3 years ago

If you want to do it for me, that would be very nice.

3 years ago

I actually went ahead and did just that after posting the message, that is:

I poked inside the mod and found 3 sets of icons: the current ones, the unused shaded versions present in the "full" version of the mod (why did you even keep them in if they can't be used?), and a "stoplights.png" canvas of colored lamps which is what i presume to be the old icons.
While half the resolution of the ones used currently, i upscaled and made a few adjustments to the outline and gradient, including a proper "glow" bloom around them to make it not look as flat.

I still have a few things i want to try in regards to the size and positioning of the lights, but if i'm satisfied with how they end up looking i think ill go ahead and publish it as a standalone mod/texture replacer.

3 years ago

Would you mind leaving a link to your version in this thread?

3 years ago

Once it's done, sure! I may do that tomorrow though as it's getting late here.

New response