by ixu

Configurable autosave

Utilities
7 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Playtime at the exact minute!

3 years ago

Hi, again thanks for this mod.

I use this mod mainly for the custom prefix, because the game already gives the option to save from X to X minutes too, yes I know your mod has more time frame possibilities, but for me 1 to 99 or never are plenty already. :-D

Now my suggestion:
- I defined the X to 10 minutes.
- The in-game autosave is always at the exact minute of 'Playtime', for example 10:00, 20:00, 30:00, etc. minutes.
- This mod it's a bit (random), for example in one map I have saves at 'Playtime' of 10:20, 20:20, 30:20, etc. and on other I have like 10:13, 20:13, 30:13, etc. minutes... can this behavior be "fixed" (it's not really broken) to be on the exact minute?

Oh and you could make an option to disable the in-game autosave too, I define my in-game autosave option to never so it's not a problem for me, but it's a nice to have option.

Anyway again thanks for the mod. :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  • This mod it's a bit (random), for example in one map I have saves at 'Playtime' of 10:20, 20:20, 30:20, etc. and on other I have like 10:13, 20:13, 30:13, etc. minutes... can this behavior be "fixed" (it's not really broken) to be on the exact minute?

I agree with you and I am surprised that I see your games running differently. That is not how it is supposed to work. I can't reproduce it either. Can you send me a save?

Oh and you could make an option to disable the in-game autosave too, I define my in-game autosave option to never so it's not a problem for me, but it's a nice to have option.

Have to think about it. Probably not. Why spreading settings among mods that are already available?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I agree with you and I am surprised that I see your games running differently. That is not how it is supposed to work. I can't reproduce it either. Can you send me a save?

Of course, no problem.
Factorio_1-1-32_autosaves_samples.7z
Notes:
- This shared file will eventually be deleted.
- It's a 7z (7-Zip) compressed file with 2 folders in it (2 saves).
- "_autosave12" is the in-game autosave.
- "_autosave-Ntm-FreeSandBox05_d020000" is the mod autosave.
- BTW if there are something I can do or test about this let me know.

Have to think about it. Probably not. Why spreading settings among mods that are already available?

Note that for me it's not a problem (like I said), but for the people that might be unaware they will be duplicating saves while using your mod. :-)

3 years ago

Note that for me it's not a problem (like I said), but for the people that might be unaware they will be duplicating saves while using your mod. :-)

Indeed when I started using this mod I encountered this problem too. But I decided to leave it to the user.

3 years ago

I'am not able to reproduce.
I'am able to run the save-file. But there where two mods without official version.
Then I changed die Autosave-Frequency to 12 sec. It worked as expected. Set it it 15 sec worked too.

The mod internally uses script.on_nth_tick. As long as no other mod changes the behavior of this function it should work as desired.
Probably I can have a save file that shows the incorrect name? (Please don't unpack and repack it this time. Just send the zip-file)

3 years ago

Hi again...
Thanks for spending time trying.

• I think I know where the problem is... I'm using the option "Enter prefix on init", and without using it the generated autosave's have the exact correct playtime, but with this option enabled it seems that the time spent writing before start the new map is added to the playtime description in the autosave.

• I made 4 new maps to test...
-1. with all the mods enabled and the option "Enter prefix on init" enabled, adds time in the playtime.
-2. with all the mods enabled and the option "Enter prefix on init" disabled, correct playtime.
-3. with all the mods disabled except this one and the option "Enter prefix on init" enabled, adds time in the playtime.
-4. with all the mods disabled except this one and the option "Enter prefix on init" disabled, correct playtime.

• Anyway in case you want to know here is a list of all the mods I'm using:
- Arrow Tweaker{'info.json' file modified ("factorio_version": "1.1")}
- AutoColor
- Bordered Alert Icons (Ntm fork)
- Bottleneck
- Desire Paths
- EvoGUI - Evolution Factor Indicator and more
- Blood & Gore Updated
- "Iondicators", Yellow{'info.json' file modified ("factorio_version": "1.1")}
- ixuAutoSave
- Realistic Flashlight
- steinios research sensor
- Tinted Spaceship

• My last 'autosave', original zip file, playtime is 4h50m20s and should be 4h50m00s.

Again thanks.

3 years ago

Oh, I misunderstood you all along.
It's about the display in the save file loading screen.
I had never noticed that before. For save I use the tick information in the on_tick event. This is the same number that EvoGui displays in the upper right corner.
Somehow, though, this time is different from the value displayed in the loading screen. Sounds to me like the loading screen time is something unexpectedly different than the game time.
We should ask Wube.

3 years ago

Or maybe I didn't explain myself in the best way. :-D

New response