Harvestorio

Warptorio but instead of a platform you're a giant tank with an internal factory

Overhaul
4 years ago

g Super Mobile Factory

4 years ago

This mod has soo much potential, the idea of making kinda like a mobile factory for picking up resources, or having like "on the spot processing" is super tempting.
In my current game, i have my main factory (for assembling of different parts, logistic and stuff) and the Harvestorio which i drive arround and absolutly harvest everything i can see, going through the wasteland filled with bitters (set to max expansion), and then i go back to my place, drop off everything i mined, and then repeat. It's a really cool idea, super usefull and a turn of those maps where the resources are really far apart.

So far, i only found 2 bugs
1) you can mine the tank itself, resulting in the game crashing because of it, same happens is the tank gets destroyed
2) i wasnt able to use any other of the platforms other than the center one, even when i selected any other option other than "center"

And i have some suggestions that may be usefull
1) it would be great if, like warptorio 2, there was a research chain to improve the tank's internal space, like for example:
* you start with only the center harvester, and then you can expand and have the other 4
* expand the size of the harvester floor of the harvestorio
* add extra floors (like warptorio 2 where you can have the boiler room), like for example, a plain storage floor (for chests and whatnot), or a floor for generating the tank's own energy (Engine's room?)
* a way to upgrade the tank's gun, making it more suitable for super harsh terrain (for example, the huge colonies of biters that are protecting a random patch of uranium)
2) a way to create extra tanks, each with their own space, even if it's a bit mid-end game, and really expensive (i think the UI could be integrated with a new dropdown next to the button, which selects which tank should be activated, and which space of which tank (center, left, right)
3) if the tank dies, it's internal inventory could be in a wreckage where the tank is, OR, (maybe if you have the required research) you can repair said tank in the field, making up for really intresting recovering missions

I hope this is usefull in some way, and even if the mod doesnt ever get updated again, it's already a great addition to a great game!

4 years ago

I'm surprised there are only 2 bugs that you've found.

New response