Hacked Splitters

by ReasonX

You've used your ingenuity as an engineer to hack your original splitter design, creating new splitters that perfectly balance transport belt inputs. These hacked splitters require extra circuitry and are best used with single-item belts as they no longer perform the function of their baser models. They unlock when their respective counterparts become available.

6 years ago

g Crashes in 0.16

6 years ago

It seems to crash when replacing a splitter with a belt (among other cases where it's being destroyed) on at least my saves, in 0.16.

6 years ago

Error while running event hacked-splittersT::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaTransportLine API call when LuaTransportLine was invalid.
stack traceback:
hacked-splittersT/control.lua:385: in function 'process_splitter'
hacked-splittersT/control.lua:434: in function 'process_splitters'
hacked-splittersT/control.lua:137: in function <hacked-splittersT/control.lua:136>

6 years ago

Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, entity with name 'hacked-green-splitter' does not exist.

Source: hacked-green-splitter (item).

Mods to be disabled:
-hacked splittersT

So this poped out after updating mods. Any chance to help or should I resign if I want to play further?

6 years ago

I have the same error as zupny69. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? pretty difficult for me to determine which of my 255 mods is causing this. could use some help :p.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

zupny69, revert your bob's mods back to a prior version, this crash is due to changes to bob's mods.
Edit: specifically, bob's logistics mod is to blame here. (at least, a change in that mod is what has triggered this particular issue)

6 years ago

also, anytime you click "update mods" make a note of which mods are being updated (show in yellow). if something crashes, you know which mods to check out first.

6 years ago

also, another technique for determining which mods cause problems /interactions is halving the number of mods you run with (or re-adding half that remain), creating a new world save, and figuring out under what conditions a problem arises. then check which mods are loaded in that save with the "sync mods with save" and you can compile a list to determine under what conditions does shit break.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

for now, if you revert bob's logistics to an older version (before bobingabout changed the name of one of his splitters (the green one apparently), it should get everything working again...or until reasonX checks what bob is calling his green splitter now....
(also possible that a new config results in the higher tier logistics crap not loading at all (or early enough) which could cause the crash....

6 years ago

Revert to boblogistics_0.16.15.zip and it should work. I haven't tried boblogistics_0.16.16.zip, but I assume that there were so few downloads it wasn't a stable release. It will fail with any version of boblogistics_0.16.17 - 20.

6 years ago

I have fixed the mod, it is now working again.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/hacked-splittersT-fix

New response