Bluebuild rewritten

by gheift

Allows automatic blueprint building and deconstruction without bots. Once a blueprint is placed, nearby entities will be auto-placed as long as you have the objects in your inventory and are standing still. Once items are marked for deconstruction, they will be auto-removed and put into your inventory as long as you are standing still. Deconstruction speed is based on the mining time and the currently used tool. Press SHIFT+K to toggle building, press SHIFT+L to toggle deconstruction.

Utilities
6 years ago

b Freezing when character stops

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

First of all, great mod! It works well for me, but I wanted to mention a minor issue I have.

When I have the mod enabled via Shift+K or Shift+L, and I stop moving, my game freezes for a few seconds. I assume your mod is scanning the area around me after I stop, looking for a ghost building or something selected for deconstruction.

I'm using a long reach mod that increases my character's reach for everything by a very large amount, and I wonder if that is part of the issue, that your mod is scanning a larger-than-expected area because of my other mods.

I just leave the features toggled off until I want to use them so it isn't a huge deal, just a minor inconvenience if I leave it on as my game freezes every time I stop walking.

Thanks for making this spiffy mod!

7 years ago

Hi nbrpg,

I limited the build distance to 32, so the new version should work without freezes.

Kind regards,
Gerhard

6 years ago

Hi gheift!

I forgot to mention that your change worked perfectly for me, and I appreciate your time and consideration when making your update.

Thank you!

6 years ago

Could you instead (optionally) make it so that every time you stop it starts with a distance 1 (or 5 or so) and then increments it by one each tick till it hits the maximum?

That way the work needed to scan the area for long reach gets split up over many ticks and should be less like freezing the game.

New response