Fox TODO

This mod gives you a GUI to show all TODO style map tags

Utilities
2 months ago

i Add Shortcut

1 year, 4 months ago

Hi there!
Firstly, I noticed your mod completely by accident and really loved it! Thanks for making it!
It's very intuitive to have map tags cuz 90% of the time it's related to a location anyways.

A couple requests to make it even better:
1. Add a shortcut button to trigger the UI. I would prefer it in the quick shortcuts bar but can have it at the top-left corner too (with a player option to disable it). I play on my Steam Deck and a button would be handy when shortcuts are cumbersome.
2. Better integration between map tags and UI. eg button to add new todo in UI which places a map tag prefilled with "TODO: " in your hand so you can place it and edit it quickly. Also clicking on an existing map tag with TODO: in the label would trigger the UI.
(Not sure about what the API supports but just spitballin' here)

Let me know if I can help out with anything else. Cheers!

1 year, 4 months ago

First of all, thanks for your nice message! :)

1. Sounds like a good idea. I'll poke around how to best do that, since last I poked around that area, there was multiple libraries and such to do such

2. The good news: All of what you said sounds great. The bad news: The API allows for none of these things :( [One might think "on_player_clicked_gps_tag" would be a good event here, but, that is for chat GPS tags, not map tags]. The closest to any of this I could do would be putting a map tag at your current location labelled "TODO: Fill this in" or similar, not as elegant as giving it into a player's hand at all.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thank you for replying!

Looking forward to the button update :)

For the second suggestion, it's more of a good to have anyways. I remember moving already placed tags was a thing in 1.0 but was removed in 1.1, since I think placing a new tag at current player location would need to be moved at least a bit? Well, I guess we can skip this one.

1 year, 4 months ago

I have just pushed an update with a shortcut icon :) The icon is not that pretty, but it should at least work!

1 year, 4 months ago

Thank you! I did test it and I think it's pretty good!

If you don't mind I'll ask for a few more QOL features :P
1. Close GUI on E or Esc + a "pin" button to disable closing via hotkey
2. Ability to reorder todos (either up/down buttons or mouse hover + hotkey or both :D)

I'm sorry, but you can choose to not implement these if you don't have the time. I think these I can live without but good to have.

Thanks again for the shortcut update and the mod. Cheers!

New response