Foltik's Spaghetti Modpack

by Foltik

Just updated to 1.0 with new fixes and more content! This modpack is designed to massively ramp up the complexity of the vanilla game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Pyanodon's mods, Yuoki Industries, AAI, Logistics Trains, and more!

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0

b Basic Circuit Board uncraftable

3 years ago

I just started a new install, of this pack in the 1.0 version. And now i'm stuck at uncraftable Basic Circuit Boards.
Maybe something is broken since i had to download many mods manually, but as far i can see it, i have all dependencys resolved.

I need Basic Circuit Boards for the Angels Blast furnace and other angels smelting machines. FNEI only shows un/stacking recipes from the stacking beltbox.

3 years ago

I am also running into this at the moment. I found that Pyanodon's HighTech is disabling the recipe.
The PyCoalTBaA aims to fix all these compatibility issues, but does not do this at the moment. Disabling the HighTech mod will fix the problem (and will reduce the difficulty of the pack a little bit by restoring the recipes for electronics to their originals).
Apart from that we can only hope for a fix in either of these two mods :D

3 years ago

With that hint i could find the actual issue in PyCoalTBaA. Exactly here: https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyCoalTBaA/blob/master/prototypes/angels-mods/prototypes/overrides/overrides-updates.lua#L4
It seems to try to replace all Basic Circuit boards used with Printed Circuit Substrate, but fails for Angels Smelting machines.

Simply removing that line from the file in the mod zip makes it work again.

3 years ago

So what item would you then need for the Blast furnace?

3 years ago

What do you mean by that?

What item instead of the basic circuit board should be used to craft the Blast furnace? I think the Printed Circuit Substrate was meant to be used for it, but i did not check if that really works in the progression.

Instead removing that code from the PyCoalTBaA mod makes the Basic circuit board craftable again with the default recipe and useable for the blast furnace. I also removed the file https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyCoalTBaA/blob/master/prototypes/bobs-mods/prototypes/overrides/overrides-updates.lua from the mod zip before, but that did not change anything. Maybe it needs both changes to work?

3 years ago

I'll see if I can patch the recipes in the modpack to fix this

3 years ago

Sorry about the delay, it's finals week at my university and I have a ton of exams and projects this week and next. Hopefully I'll be able to get to things afterwards.

3 years ago

Then good luck with your exams.

I can, for now, continue with my own hotfixes.

But i must add that i found new issues already. The Clay -> Clay Bricks recipe is broken, but thats already mentioned in another thread. I also noticed that many, if not all module recipes are broken. They only require the contacts and solder, but all other components are missing from the recipes.

And i just reached Blue Science/Chemical Science Pack and did not need to use a single recipe from Pyandons because there were always cheap alternatives. So maybe that integration is also broken? I dont really know how thats meant to be, but researching lots of it but not using it feels something is wrong.

3 years ago

Here are the broken recipes I've encountered so far (some already mentioned):

--Unburnt clay brick. It's asking for Angel's Refining Clay, whereas the Pyanodons HighTech Clay is the only type of clay available.

--Simple circuit board. There are now two recipes available, a more difficult version of the old recipe inside a Chipshooter Machine that adds solder as an input, and a much easier recipe that just needs Copper plate, Copper cable, and Wood. The easy version lists no machine requirement, so I believe an assembler should process it, but there is no option in the assembler recipe menu. You can hand-craft the easy version, but can't automate it since you can't make through an assembler.

--Basic electronic components, from Angel's Industries. There is no recipe for this item that I can find. This breaks Logistics/Construction Robot Brain 1, as an example.

--Transistors, from Angel's Industries. There is no recipe for this item that I can find. This breaks Logistics/Construction Robot Brain 1, as an example. There is a separate Transistors item from Pyanodons HighTech, but it is not interchangeable.

Among these, the clay brick bug is a huge progress blocker. Clay bricks are needed for many early game machines like the Electrolyzer.

3 years ago

This is combined with another early game progress blocker: Scientific research. Automation Science Packs have two early game recipes, but one of them requires Stone Pipes to make, which you do not have access to at the beginning of the game, nor do you get enough science packs at the beginning to let you research it. If you don't start next to Rubyte Ore, you have to go track some down. This wasn't an issue in the previous version.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Also, with clay bricks being such a big blocker to progressing through the modpack, with no alternatives I could find, here is the console command you can use to give yourself the correct type of clay to put in an assembler for Unburnt Clay Bricks:

/c game.player.insert{name="solid-clay", count=100}

Note that this will nullify achievements, but you're playing modded anyway...

3 years ago

Correction, the bugged "basic electronic components" and "transistors" are both in Bob's Electronics, which builds on Angel's Industries (see: bobelectronics.cfg).

Their corresponding console commands are:

Basic electronic components:

/c game.player.insert{name="basic-electronic-components", count=100}

Transistors:

/c game.player.insert{name="electronic-components", count=100}

3 years ago

It's unfortunate that someone hasn't found an easy way to do standardized recipe inputs when there's overlapping materials from different mods (i.e: OreDict from Minecraft). I'm pretty sure it's due to how Factorio handles recipes though, but it still would be handy if something like that could be made to avoid all the headaches that mod authors have to deal with.

3 years ago

PyCoalTBaA has updated to 1.0.2 and fixed Basic Circuit Boards, Clay Bricks and Modules. Maybe more i did not see so far.

New response