Foltik's Spaghetti Modpack

by Foltik

Just updated to 1.0 with new fixes and more content! This modpack is designed to massively ramp up the complexity of the vanilla game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Pyanodon's mods, Yuoki Industries, AAI, Logistics Trains, and more!

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0

b Small inline storage tank missing

3 years ago

Crucial problem: some of the recipes (e.g. fluid wagons or the Rectisol from Pyanodon) require a Small inline storage tank to be crafted, but there is no crafting recipe for it. Which bascially blocks my progress sooner or later. Checked FNEI, it doesnĀ“t know anything either on how to craft it (beside reverse recipes since I have the Reverse Factory Mod installed and running aswell).

You have any ideas for a solution?

3 years ago

How did you even get the mod pack to work, thatā€™s my question...

3 years ago

Good question. Downloaded FoltikĀ“s Modpack, Factorio downloaded all the other mods it wanted, activated them, created a new world specifically for this pack and by my (inexperienced) judgement it seemed to run just fine. Got a bit tricky when I tried to keep all the mods updated, had to disable one or two mods, but since I never used anything from them at that point, I was fine with it. Now I hit the end of the road and therefor seek for help.

The "funny" thing is that atm the pack runs better than ever. Only mod missing is ShinyAngelGFX which, by my understanding, is purely graphics and nothing gameplay-wise. And my eternal problem child, pypetroleumhandling, which worked upon intstallaion and never since I updated it (and yes, IĀ“ve learned from that), works again without error.

so tl;dr I have no f*cking clue :D

3 years ago

Good question. Downloaded FoltikĀ“s Modpack, Factorio downloaded all the other mods it wanted, activated them, created a new world specifically for this pack and by my (inexperienced) judgement it seemed to run just fine. Got a bit tricky when I tried to keep all the mods updated, had to disable one or two mods, but since I never used anything from them at that point, I was fine with it. Now I hit the end of the road and therefor seek for help.

The "funny" thing is that atm the pack runs better than ever. Only mod missing is ShinyAngelGFX which, by my understanding, is purely graphics and nothing gameplay-wise. And my eternal problem child, pypetroleumhandling, which worked upon intstallaion and never since I updated it (and yes, IĀ“ve learned from that), works again without error.

so tl;dr I have no f*cking clue :D

Hahah! I knew it. ShinyAngelGFX is absolutely an issue. Using that in general with other updates mods will always result in no loads. Iā€™ll have to give that a try and just remove that mod to see if pack works.

3 years ago

Well I can tell you that much: this is the first time ShinyAngelGFX ever made any problems. All the months (!) before that if worked just fine. Usually pypetroleumhandling was the one causing trouble.

I do not know how I made this happen the way it is now...

3 years ago

Itā€™s fubar ;)

3 years ago

To further clarify my position as a total noob regarding mod-handling: what is fubar? :)

3 years ago

Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

3 years ago

So... that means excactly? That the pack is beyond repair, I can scrap my world and try again? Or do we have any possibilities of a) saving the world/current state of the mods and/or b) preventing things like that in the future?
Vanilla is cool and stuff, but once u started with mods, you cant possibly let go ever again. ^^

(But even if my world is doomed... I wonder what went wrong since I just downloaded the modpack and let it run besides some purely cosmetical mods/comfort functions and nothing that should mess with the game gameplay-wise...)

3 years ago

Working on a new version that should fix this today :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So we had a new patch yesterday. Here are the results so far:

1) Still no inline tank recipe (if you didnt meant this patch but another one in the future I apologize for bothering you again this quickly)
2) To top it off AAI Industry broke and I had to disable it (tbh it did that in the past, but I managed to counteract it by disabling the Foltiks modpack mod which by my understanding did nothing more than download some mods... did I ever mention I had/still have no f*ckling clue on how Factorio mods work? xD)

Soooooo yeah, I slowly get this whole fubar thing and why it applies to me...

3 years ago

Last patch was just to update stuff and get things to the point where they load without crashes.

The gist of it is that all these mods were never designed with the intention of working together, so every time any one of them updates it breaks things. What the actual "modpack" mod does is make edits to the other mods with LUA code to try to fix incompatibilities and make tweaks, such as re-adding inline storage tanks to the correct tech unlock since other mods break this. I'll investigate the issues with inline storage tanks and AAI.

That being said, I am currently starting the design process for a complete rework of the pack for Factorio v1.1 that more coherently integrates every aspect of each mod including recipes, tech, inventory categories, and more. This is the future of the pack, and I won't be making any major changes to the current version except for fixing things when they break.

3 years ago

Released a new patch. Make sure you have "Foltik's Spaghetti Modpack" mod enabled, and it doesn't show as red in the mods view. You should be able to see the "Small storage tank" and "Small inline storage tank" recipes under the "Basic fluid handling" technology effects.

3 years ago

I tried it but with no sucess because I had to disable AAI Industries or otherwise it would spit out an error upon loading (I dont remember the excact content, can look it up again though.) and I had the choice of either disabling AAI (alongside some other mods, altough the can be turned back on again later) or leave the game as it is and go play something else^^

3 years ago

(tl;dr: itĀ“s probably not FoltikĀ“s packĀ“s fault for no tank recipe, itĀ“s fubar^2 from my side and IĀ“m out of ideas. IĀ“m still open for advices tho^^)

Ok, little update on the topic. Tried today to trun on/off some mods to see if thereĀ“s any chance for the recipe to appear or if there simply is ANY chance of salvation. And what I found is... beyond my comprehension.

First things first: FoltikĀ“s pack is not the cause of trouble. Probably. I can tell you that much. Turned it completely off and still nothing changed. Was at least something bcs I could rule that one out now. But then, after some expreimentation, I discovered things that my (admittedly not very expericend) mind could not explain. Warning, weĀ“re entering heavy fubar-territory, continue at own risk.
So I found out that the recipe for the small storage inline tank apparently is contained within the research "Electrolysis 1", which by my guess looks like itĀ“s from AngelĀ“s mods (whichever excactly it is, donĀ“t think it matters to much at this point). And this research never appears ingame, itĀ“s basically non-existant, which also would explain why there is no crafting recipe for the tank.
So did you find that one out, you may ask?
Well... I had this older savegame, where I never did anything, itĀ“s sole intent was to load it when I modded sth in Factorio to check if itĀ“s running and/or if thereĀ“s anything happening that shouldnĀ“t. And if I didnĀ“t spotted anything, I left it, being as it was. And this very savegame has said research and, behold, a working crafting recipe for the tank!
Now the thing is: IĀ“ve tried setting up an entirely new world (with the same mods I use in all the other modded savegames), loaded it, but the research also wasnĀ“t avaliable there. My mod-tryout-world is literally the only savegame I have where the whole tank-dilemma-thing isnĀ“t a problem. So idk if the problem is just the game not being able to find the research recipe (despite not havin any error messages whatsoever), sth else or if my Factorio has simply given up on life. Might aswell be the latter.

idk if this helps in any way, shape or form or if I needed to live out my frustration and my need for communication. I figured since we already discussed it here I might add my findings aswell. And comfort Foltik that itĀ“s most probably not his/his modpackĀ“s fault.

If anyone is still bothered with this topic and bored enough to try to help me... hit me, IĀ“m down for it :D

New response