Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Share factories in multiplayer

3 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure whether this was already suggested, but it might be handy if it is possible to easily share factories between players in a multiplayer session.

3 years ago

Hi, yes this has indeed been on my todo list since the very beginning, over two years ago. It's just that it's quite a lot of work to do, and there have always been other priorities for now. Even now, there's other things that need to be addressed first I think. So yes, it's on the todo list, but it will be a while until I get to it.

3 years ago

Hey, Therenas.

I am not too familiar with Factorio's netcode, so ignore me if this is something you have already thought of.

You could potentially have a manual sync button that sends your export string to other server members, and have this show up in the other players' UI along with a button to quickly import that string. You wouldn't need to worry about automatically syncing anything, or making sure that there are no versioning conflicts or anything, since players will be manually triggering it.

I reckon this would be a nice halfway point between automatically syncing, and copying and pasting the string into discord and then the other players copying from discord into factorio planner

3 years ago

Hi Moilke, sorry for getting back to you so late, and thanks for the suggestion! What you propose would indeed be a viable solution, and relatively easily doable. It does feel a bit too janky/half-done for my taste though. I don't intend to support full sharing anyways, more of a thing where you can see other people's plans, but not edit them, with the option to transfer ownership etc. This won't be too complicated, but still have quite a few edge cases I think. We'll have to see how it goes.