Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

g [1.2.3] Flow Control compatibility

9 months ago

Hi there,
first: thanks for updating Factorissimo with those performance fixes. I have the impression, my large A+B+C+APM-factory is now running much smoother on my old laptop! :)

I'd like to request something: Could you make the factory fluid connections also work with Flow Control pipes the same way it does for regular pipes?
atm a regular pipe will automatically change its volume so the high speed connection works (like the old input/output pipe connections). This does not happen for Flow Control pipes though, they stay at their low capacity.
I usually have a lot of factories with many adjacent fluid connections (because there are so many fluids in AngelBobs) and I'd like to continue using the feature of parallel pipes that do not connect (provided by Flow Control). But now my factories often don't get enough fluid, even if I set the update rate to 1/5ticks.

If that sounds too much effort, you could also simply bring back the input/output pipes for this edge case, maybe with a startup switch which is normally deactivated ...

9 months ago

I have a great solution for this, but it is waiting on a new feature in the Factorio API. They are adding linked fluidboxes in the future. I will add this then.

New response