Craftable Character

by laftur

Create extra bodies and leave them lying about! Also install Persistent Character to switch between bodies, or don't. I don't know your life.

Content
2 years ago

b [fixed] recipe disabled despite tech being unlocked

2 years ago

How do i use this mod (i have also persistent character)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Creating a character is sort of like creating an automobile. You have to unlock the recipe by researching Automation (the same technology that unlocks the first assembler). The button to craft a character should be under the military tab (your opinion on that is welcome here).

Once you've crafted a character, it appears in your inventory as an item, just like an automobile would. Select it to your cursor, and place it like you would an automobile. Now there should be an unoccupied character standing around. To switch control to said character, highlight it with your cursor and press control+spacebar.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to reply with more details regarding your situation or what you're trying to accomplish.

2 years ago

i have researched automation but i did not get it, is it because it is not a new world i have played on it before the mod

2 years ago

That's a good guess. If you don't mind testing it out, make a new world and see if you can craft a character. Before you make a new world, check your mod management screen and ensure craftable character is enabled. I recommend playing a sandbox world so you don't have to do work and/or wait on things.

It's possible that when you loaded your world after installing the mod, it prompted you to sync mods with the save file. If you proceeded with that, craftable character could have been disabled.

2 years ago

ima test later

2 years ago

ok if i start a world without it and do the research and then get the mod on i dont get it but if i start a world with it on i get it. (in the world im playing it sayes that i have unlocked it with research but never got it)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thank you for testing that for me. I confirmed the behavior you described. Apparently I didn't understand something with regard to how technology is applied by mods. I will have to look into this problem to figure out how to fix it.

The problem appears to be that technology effects are only applied right after the technology is researched. Loading a saved game where the tech was unlocked without the mod means that the effect won't be applied. This is apparently something I need to handle in a migration script. Again, thanks for pointing this out.

2 years ago

the only ting i can think would help is a new research you make for ONLY this ting that is most popular ting to do and if you dont know how just look at yt :)

2 years ago

Fix incoming.

If you are curious, the way to fix this is explained on the migrations tutorial page. At the very bottom is an example which is quite directly applicable to our problem here.

Anyway, simply update to version 1.0.2 of my mod, and you should be good to go! Of course, let me know if the fix doesn't work on your end.

2 years ago

ok

2 years ago

it works now :D

2 years ago

found a problem... if you use one of the characters you crafted and dies you lose your body idk if it is a bug or what but now you know it

2 years ago

I'm interested, but could you open a new thread for another bug? We can sort out the details there. Thank you so much for helping.

2 years ago

np

New response