Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
16 hours ago
Circuit network

b pole 13 discards signals

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Kudos for a fantastic mod!! Best I've seen in a long time. I have plans for using this.

But, in v1.0.24, the i/o pole 13 sometimes discards all signals. I guess that smells like jcart's previous bug. But it was fixed right?

I was in god mode in a sandbox when it happened. The circuit is not packed. I was testing it.

I was using poles 1, 9, 13, and 15 when it happened. 13 was marked input, if that matters. I do have some other designs in the same map that use 13 OK.

First I was on the main surface Nauvis (no SE or other surfaces or overhaul mods) when I noticed my circuit wasn't processing input. Hovering on 13 I saw it displaying 3 signal types (with quantities) input to it on the outside. But when I looked inside the design, hovering on 13 shows no signals at all. And the circuit behaved as if there were none.

I verified there were no poles with duplicate numbers or names.

On the outside 13 had just 1 wire coming directly from a constant combinator. I tried deleting and re-running the wire on the outside. That made no difference. I tried turning the constant off and on. That made no difference. On the inside 13 had just 1 wire going directly to a decider. I tried deleting and re-running the wire on the inside. That made no difference.

Then I simply switched 13 to 14 in its dropdown box, without deleting the pole or anything, and re-ran the outside wire again to 14 this time, and it immediately started working.

I didn't test any other poles for the same bug.

If it matters, the circuit used to have both red and green wires from 13 to the decider inside. Then I deleted the green one by clicking both ends of it while holding green wire. That might be when the trouble started. I don't know because I didn't start testing until later.

1 year, 2 months ago

I saw it do something like this one other time too. But I just assumed it was because I was just learning how to use the mod at that time. I've studied and practiced since then.

I have no idea whether this could happen on other poles besides 13.

1 year, 2 months ago

Then I reversed 14 back to 13, and re-ran the outside wire again to 13, and it continued working.

1 year, 2 months ago

I tried repeating this bug on 12, and on 10, with 2 different methods, on the same processor unit. It kept working.

1 year, 2 months ago

can you give me a blueprint of the processor or even better a saved game ?

1 year, 2 months ago

Not this time. But now that I understand what's happening, I should be able to capture the next occurrence for you. Maybe it will happen this week.

1 year, 1 month ago

I've completely moved on. Maybe if someone else sees an occurrence they can provide a saved game?

New response