Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
a month ago
Circuit network

b Bug: Cannot update blueprint

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

When you have a blueprint containing CC, and you update it by selecting new content, the CC inside loses its content.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a CC with content
  2. Create a blueprint with that CC
    • Verify that the blueprint works properly
  3. Update the CC or create a new one
  4. In the blueprint settings, click on "Select new content", and select an updated CC
  5. Apply that blueprint

Expected:

• New CC with the saved content is pasted

Actual:

• Blank CC is pasted

Link to VOD:

https://youtu.be/kGWYyqd9ziA

1 year, 6 months ago

I know. It seems to be a limitation of the factorio API. There is already a thread about thIs. Sorry

1 year, 5 months ago

@Telkine2018, how about the following:
1. Store processor name as entity setting (like station names, or manipulator settings, or assembler reciepy)
2. When a processor is deployed, check if its content matches content of other processors with the same name
3. If it diverges -- update the deployed processor as if "Import" button was used.

I know, it may cause wierd scenarios, but is at least a workaround for the blueprints updating.
As an alternative to "diverging" condition, could also check if the content is just empty.
Also, it may be an option setting (like "mining as tagged entity") - either flag or behaviour selector.

1 year, 5 months ago

I have found a way to make blueprint update running (found in miniloader code). It will be available in the next release.

1 year, 5 months ago

Doesn't work at version 1.0.14

1 year, 5 months ago

It works with my game. Can you provide me a saved game ?

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Re-checked. This works sometimes, but not for all blueprints.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/MAWLhckzWHaprw
I left a blueprints book in a box.

1. Open that book and paste any of top-left 5 station prints into the reserved area directly beneath character position (there are 2x2 cell area marked with black/white concrete)
  2. Apply Station: Controller blueprint to that station's processor
  3. Update the blueprint
    • Adjust positioning to match top-left corner (set x-offset and y-offset both to 0)
    • Remove concrete and black-white colored concrete from the items list
    • Remove station name flag
  4. Wipe the deployed content
  5. Redeploy the updated blueprint

P.S.

Just tested these 5 steps for the top-most left-most blueprint called "Погрузка: 2-левая" ("Loading station: 2-left") with station, left-facing arrow, and L as icon. Can confirm it doesn't work.

P.P.S.

Sorry for the Russian in blueprint's names / descriptions, it was not supposed to be shared.

1 year, 5 months ago

I think that the update fails for a blueprint which is inside a blueprint book. If you put it in the inventory, update and put it back in the book, it seems to work.

1 year, 5 months ago

Wow. Indeed it works.
Could you fix the update-in-book behaviour too?

New response