Clock

Adds a clock

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Crash on startup with 0.18.27

3 years ago

The mod Clock (0.18.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event clock::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaGuiElement API call when LuaGuiElement was invalid.
stack traceback:
clock/control.lua:80: in function <clock/control.lua:62>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__clock
/control.lua:80: in function <clock/control.lua:62>

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You have me stumped on this one. Also, you're being vague, what is "Startup"? starting a new game, loading a new game, loading the map editor? be specific, these bugs often are and if I don't know what EXACTLY you are doing, I can't repeat the error. if I can't cause the error, I can't fix the error.

Like 80 (as reported in the error) is updating the time in the GUI window telling you all the different things about time. it only exists if you've clicked the button (so, "startup" being anything other than loading the game seems unlikely), so my initial thought was the you have another mod installed that has changed the information displayed on my GUI.

My mod only checks if the GUI exists, and if it does, assumes that the specific line of text "time" exists, which it might not...

But according to the bug report, that's not the issue! It's erring on "index"... WHAT? the line does include player.index to get the player number for storing information about the current player in the global table (Like what GUIs they have open. Part of the reason to do this is if I ever change the GUI structure, the script will still pick out and handle the old one, so things won't mess up in existing savegames between older and newer versions), but... index itself is a base game function, how the heck is that erring? I don't understand it.

New response