by Kirazy

Restores the classic mining drill.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Classic beacons

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

What are the chances that you make the same mod to bring back the old beacon design? I don't really like the new design of those, because they made the same mistake that in the new mining drills only the other way around. The beacons SHOULD make the builds appear congested and very much claustrophobic together on a big build on the late game, to make the beacons stand out on the design of a new part of your factory. Maybe with some glow effect like the new design on the old moving radar would be neat, Is it possible?

3 years ago

It's certainly possible.

It's the same sort of situation as with the mining drill, the old animations just need to be ported to the new working_visualisation framework.

I'm not interested in doing this myself, at the moment, in part because the old beacons don't have high resolution sprites. Maybe I'll change my mind, but for the moment I don't plan to do this.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thank you for uploading this mod. I enjoy it a lot. Ironically i came here with the same question as Daniel90c, since i also prefer the classic design of the beacon over the new one. So here's my post to thank you for the miner mod, and letting you know that there are more players which appreciate the classic (lower res, no-glow) beacons, to change your mind.
Whatever your next mod will be, have fun!

3 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/classic-beacon

:|

Added an option to use high-res sprites I made via upscaling. They're on by default.

New response