Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Question on Drop Items

1 year, 3 months ago

I'm having a problem with a crash in a function that I don't think is valid to be called, and is causing a crash.
This is with Brave New OARC, a mod I'm working on which is a mash up of Brave New World and OARC.

I thought I resolved this since I have seen it before. It takes HOURS to reproduce, but this has happened a few times so far. I thought it was linked to a player quiting, which it may be, but also happened while I was just playing the multiplayer game alone and had not quit. This is running on a dedicated server, which is the only time I see this issue.

The log file is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hRJ_MzbpnwLDNDJG0UiJ7Dt04aNULHk0/view?usp=sharing
the code is here:
https://github.com/vfinn/Brave-New-Oarc
At the bottom you'll see the crash. Also note that in this log, I'm having a problem but may be something else:
246.623 Refusing connection for address (IP ADDR:({192.168.0.1:53148})), username (JustGoFly). UserVerificationMissing
This IP address is a local address, so very odd. I'm not NAT, but I just unlinked my VPN from my ethernet card, but haven't rebooted. So I will test that.

The crash is what is my real concern in dropItems. This game had been running for about ten hours before it crashed.
I appreciate any help/advice you can offer.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I'll try to remember to take a look at this sometime soon. I did look at the log. And that's sort of interesting. If I were to hazard a guess, I would guess dropItems is what's called when something ends up in a player's inventory somehow that's not supposed to be there (which is almost anything really). For example, if you change a machine recipe, the game would normally try to insert the current contents of the machine into your inventory, and the scenario only lets you have a very limited set of things in your inventory, and I think uses dropItems to drop any that aren't supposed to be there.

1 year, 3 months ago

@Omnifarious I have resolved the crashes. They were some issue with WSL2. I used WSL2 to write and test alot of Linux code, but hosting of Factorio - although it seemed to work, was not stable. I switched to a Windows server, and haven't had a crash after about three days of continuous hosting and many people joining/quiting.

New response