Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Cargo Ships compatibility, any way to fix? Perhaps a debug mode?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm playing with the Cargo Ships mod, but using BNW, I can't actually place the tanker ship itself onto the "water rails" that I've placed. Clicking outside of the rails tells me that "train ghosts must be placed on rails", but trying to place them on the water rails does nothing. I've clicked along the entire rail route and the ghost won't place. Regular train ghosts can be placed, even on the water rails.

I've tried adding locomotive, cargo-wagon and fluid-wagon to where you've added the allowed items (car and spider-vehicle) in the control.lua without success. Replaced the control.lua inside the save game, like in the Information tab.

Is there some sort of debug mode I can hop into to directly pick up and place the ship-train?

Edit:
Alright, got it working. Added the actual item names in the control.lua like so:
elseif name == "oil_tanker" then
return count
elseif name == "cargo_ship" then
return count
Which let me hold the tanker ships in my inventory and then place them. Good enough for my tastes.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Duplicate

2 years ago

Interesting. I know the cargo ships take up multiple entities, but I've never looked into how placing them works or combining BNW with Cargo Ships.

New response