Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Changes for ribbon worlds (to walk to the border): FIXED

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey,

first thanks for maintaining this scenario. It's a lot of fun for me to play currently. It's my first time with BNW and I started a ribbon map (height is limited)
Unfortunately you're not able to enter the top and bottom chunks, it keeps teleporting you back. And since you're not able to discover more chunks N/S there is no way around.
Additionally, cu can enter with a vehicle (train/car) and if you get out of the vehicle while in the top/bottom chunk you're stuck forever (you only can teleport yourself if entering the vehicle or another one).

GOOD NEWS: I manged to change the control.lua file in the save file so that's not longer an issue.

In lines 495-497 there's the charted function, if you change the line 496 to the following, you can walk north/south to the border:

return player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x - 2, y - 1}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x - 2, y + 1}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x + 2, y - 1}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x + 2, y + 1})

[How to change or update the control.lua is written on the mod's desciprition page here in the mod portal.]

Have fun!

3 years ago

addition:
change needed for vertical ribbon maps (limited width):

return player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x - 1, y - 2}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x - 1, y + 2}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x + 1, y - 2}) and player.force.is_chunk_charted(player.surface, {x + 1, y + 2})

[not tested but I'm confident]

2 years ago

From my understanding, by placing more roboports or radars you are able to move and explore further. If others encounter similar issues try placing down roboports and radars closer to the edge of explored area and it should allow moving further. :)

2 years ago

This thread is old and the problem was fixed since then:

Version: 3.3.6
Date: 26. 07. 2020
Bugfixes:
- You no longer get stuck on the edges on ribbon worlds. This will not fix existing games.

New response