Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Question - starting goods and chest/roboport resource cost

4 years ago

is it intended that the amount of starting chests in stock and roboports are so low? (4 roboports and 4 chests)
i've tested a few rng maps with lower resource amounts and it's relatively difficult to get to the next resource patch because in order to build new ones, it takes a ton of resources and a ton of time because you can't build the red curcuit things or a long time.

4 years ago

Yes, it is intended. I've played some few rounds myself (actually, I pretty much only play BNW when I play Factorio), and I've always managed to produce red circuits even though I always tend to play with Railworld settings.
A greater concern of mine is the difficulty of expanding. When bots build everything and you need to tap into a resource far away from your base, it's quite challenging to get the bots there. A vehicle grid mod helps a bit there, though.

4 years ago

thanks for the info, i was referring to a setting like 50 or 75% on all startup-setters but i agree, chosing (a modified) Railworld setting might be better option there^^
(Default: 100, 100, 100(=>~300k), Railworld: 33, 300, 100 (=> ~600K) at start)

New response