Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Question - Mod desc - MP Forces

4 years ago

"Multiple forces is currently not supported in this scenario"
since i tried around for a few minutes and got everything working for a second force except fixing the camera which is limited to an area, i wanted to ask if that's the reason why there is no force-support for MP

4 years ago

It's pretty much simply because I didn't (and sadly still don't) have time to implement it.
I'll gladly accept patches (and will of course credit the person in the changelog), if anyone wants to look into it.

4 years ago

ah okay. i'll take a look at it today or tomorrow and see what i can get running^^

4 years ago

got the prototype of it running

4 years ago

working as a command version (like "/c remote.call(...)" in the ingame console).
until now, i made it a seperate module because currently, you have to join a custom team in order to get your starting buildings and so on (doesn't matter if it's 0,0 or 300,582) which differs from your regular start by a bit.

so should i upload it myself with a must-have-dependency to your mod or do you want the files inside your mod only + do you want to take a look on it?

4 years ago

I'd like to take a look at it, but I can't say whether it should be packaged as two mods or one at the current time.
Regrettably I'm still very busy, so I don't know when I can set aside enough time to properly look into this :-(

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

ok i'll give u the short version then:
the call is:
/c remote.call("alfara", "switch_team", {t_name="custom_team_name", switch_pl="player_name", t_x_spawn=0, t_y_spawn=0, t_sf='nauvis'})
-will spawn your teams base (if the team is created new and certain checkes are valid)
-player is being teleported to teams respawn location
-starting resource patch is generated next to your base for balancing reasons.
-standard team "player" will start with nothing and is only serving as a buffer team.
-recipe's for roboport and chests have been made more expensive but tech requirements lowered to base techs.

the rest runs like u know it due to hard-dependency

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

edit: delete duplicate, sry

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

edit: delete duplicate, sry

New response