Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Mod Compatibility

6 years ago

Is there any chance that you plan on making this mod compatible with other mods in general? I'm wondering if a Bobs/Angels run would be possible with your modpack.

6 years ago

Well, in general it is, but it will fail with some mods (such as Klonan's Upgrade Planner, which is why I added a similar functionality in the scenario). I haven't played Bobs/Angels games myself, but it's quite possible those mods are compatible with this scenario. You'll just have to try out the combination and see how it goes.

6 years ago

Sorry for breaking in on this post, but I use this scenario with several major mods. That includes the Py mods, Angels mods (with py competability), bob's mods and AAI. Together with that I also got quite the set of minor mods to go with it.

The only mods I found that are usually incomparable are 'planner' type of mods. and mods that severely alter water placement (those mods can overwrite the sand area spawned by Brave new world, causing it to crash because no robot port exists)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I have a rather heavily modded game but factorissimo mod seem to have been broken. Probably because of however you made the dark areas unexplorable seems to have affected factorissimo is a rather weird way. Once you enter one of factorissimo's building it locks your screen in a dark corner and you can't move to get out, so you have to reload a save to free yourself.

6 years ago

I'm curious as how you managed to get BNW working with Factorissimo in the first place, seeing as you can't really carry robots inside factories. Well, if you can enter factories with vehicles and have a vehicle grid mod I guess it's possible, never tested this out (although I don't really use Factorissimo myself, so little effort has been put into trying to get this scenario compatible with the mod).

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Well my attempts have failed so far. Factorissimo doesn't let you drive vehicles into the builds but you can put them down inside just can't enter/leave with them. There seems to be no way of picking up a vehicle I put down as the bots won't do it. My idea was to use 5dim's that allow you to put personal roboports inside the vehicle (I don't think you could do that in vanilla) bring some bots inside and build. Have a requester chest outside and a activate provide (or logistic storage) inside to supply bots with building material. However because I can't drive a vehicle inside or pick them up after I put them down it just isn't possible right now.

4 years ago

Are you aware of any other mod incompatibilites? Particularly the Colonists and Space Exploration mods.

New response