Brave New World

by canidae

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Multiplayer spawning

6 years ago

Hey, great mod so far, it really adds something to the game!

I know that you mention that this mod is not multiplayer tested, but a friend and I tried it anyway. So far it all seems to work quite fine (about 30 hours in our playtrough now) with 1 exception:

When you start the game you get your starting base and a bunch of resources dropped. In SP or with the host joining it is obvious that these should spawn. However each time a new player joins, the same buildings are spawned in again, on the same place. This causes for multiple structures to occupy the same spot (resulting in visual glitches and selection issues).

6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about this.

6 years ago

I believe this should be fixed now, but unfortunately existing multiplayer games will have these duplicated buildings (upgrading an existing game as explained in the "Information" tab won't fix it).

6 years ago

Hey Canidea thanks for the fix! For my currently playtrough I already 'hacked' in a if (player.admin) around the force spawn line, That is good enough for me now. But its good to see you made a more structured fix :)

New response