Robot Replacer

by Peppe

Utility mod to help replace/upgrade bots within a network. Bots in the replacer provider chest are released to the network when a bot of the same type, but different name is found in a roboport. The bots that do not match the provider are removed from the roboport and placed in the logistics storage network. Should work with all modded bots and roboports. *** Megabase warning: Chest is Calculation heavy when any items are in it. Only put bots in it and keep empty to idle efficiently. ***

1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Not replacing Bots?

3 years ago

Hey guys.

So i currently use the Bobs MK IV bots as my main bot type but had arround 6000 vanilla construction bots. After running the game a bit constantly putting MK IV bots in the Robot Replacer im now at 8000 construction bots but i still see vanilla bots flying arround. Shouldn't they all be MK IV by now? Am i missing something?

3 years ago

It can only replace bots that are inside roboports and if i recall it only checks once a second.

If you have enough to replace all the vanilla bots maybe stop all the construction projects for a minute and see if they can all be cleared out in one pass.

3 years ago

I'll try to behave myself and to not use them anymore. One question tho: Is the Robot Replacer provider chest only exchanging old robots types with new ones or is it also releasing the new type into the network without replacing the old ones?

3 years ago

I'll try to behave myself and to not use them anymore. One question tho: Is the Robot Replacer provider chest only exchanging old robots types with new ones or is it also releasing the new type of robot into the network without replacing the old ones?

3 years ago

It only replaces, so population stays the same. Whatever is in the chest it finds bots of the same category with a different name and pulls them out while it releases the same number of bots.

To increase bot counts you can use vanilla mechanics of moving bots from a chest into a roboport with an inserter.

3 years ago

Okay i see the new MK IV Bots now stacking up and can't find anymore vanilla ones. Thanks!

New response