Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

b [Not a bug]Sulfur issue

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

What's up :)

so for some weird reason it seems that "our dedicated server deletes all sulfur resource notes", let me explain:

When we want to start a new game on my dedicated server, I first go into singleplayer, create a new save with all the mod -and game settings we would like to have, save that new game and upload the save file onto my server.

For three times in a row tho we were unable to find any sulfur on our map. So I created a new save file in singleplayer again, made 100% sure that sulfur is activated, saved that file, opened it up in the mapeditor and found plenty of sulfur resource notes.
Then I took that save, uploaded it on the dedicated server again, joined it, saved the game (which gets saved locally), opened this savegame in the mapeditor and all sulfur resource notes were gone.

Sounds pretty weird but it happened now for the forth time. Also it only happens with sulfur, all other resources work just fine.

Edit: Not sure if this has to do with anything or not, but during testing I found out that even when all ores are disabled in the mod options (https://i.imgur.com/B6L7Xga.jpg), I'm still able to adjust all resources EXCEPT sulfur in the map options (https://i.imgur.com/IL6TNDk.jpg) (obviously I tried to keep those deactivated, only activate sulfur and activate all, the result of the missing sulfur was always the same tho)

1 year, 4 months ago

A new day, a new test and I found out, that the mod settings are saved separately from the actual save file. So I also uploaded that mod settings file to my server and now we indeed have sulfur on our server and everything seems to work just fine.

Still there must be something weird going on, because all other ores are available by default whether I activated them in the mod settings or not (see screenshot above) just sulfur seems to be a little messy

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 4 months ago

If you have Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates mod enabled then most of those ore settings are ignored. Sulfur is the exception. Next version (coming out soon) the settings will be hidden when they don't do anything. Also Sulfur defaults to disabled.

1 year, 4 months ago

Ah okay that explains it then, thanks :)

New response