Bob's Ores

Adds some useful ores.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

g Too much diamond

3 years ago

Installed full Bob-ANgel suit with 30 science packs and made infinite ores. Now coal is the only original ore (all the others were changed by Angel/MadClown) and it makes diamonds. For some reason with yield of several hundred % it gives me 37.2 coal/0.3 Diamond but the chest gets it 1/1 ratio. I can see no settings to disable the diamonds from ore in game, and the setting in the Bobores_1.1.3.zip - settings.lua
type = "bool-setting",
name = "bobmods-ores-gemsfromotherores",
setting_type = "startup",
default_value = false
Why can't i see setting for gems in the game? And why does it give me diamond if it is disabled in the mod files?

3 years ago

changing the default in the mod file won't change active settings, you'd need to delete the settings file and let the game create another one for it to look at that.

As for the setting not being in the game, that's probably angels mods doing that, he deletes some of my settings.

As a general rule, if you have any of angels mods installed when you also have mine installed... it's best to ask Angels what the issue is, as his re-writes my mods

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thank you.
Deactivated Angel, unchecked gems from ores and activated Angel again.

3 years ago

now that you say what you did, it sounds like an obvious solution.

I'd say this makes me question why Angel removes my options... but I already questioned it.

3 years ago

I removed Angel from mod pack (doesn't work with MomoTweak and 30SP) and try to play with your mods. Diamond is still overwhelmingly abundant. While it says in a drill 20.6 coal to 0.2 diamond but it gets them 3:1 in the chest. Settings say that gem probability is 0.05 and Diamond ratio is 0.2 (which gives 1:100 expected return).

3 years ago

Tried with lower yields - with 4.1 coal per second it gives 1800 coal with 120 diamonds (not 1/100 anyway).

3 years ago

I'm not sure what's going on there, but it's basically a 1 in 100 chance. The key word there is CHANCE. Getting more than 1:100 is possible, but shouldn't be consistant.

This was actually a bug back in earlier versions of the game that using speed modules would break it, and give more than intended. This is due to the way the game basically gives you 1 item per tick as a maximum. if you're mining more than 1 item per tick, the result is some kind of overflow that you don't see.

Mining is supposed to not do that, but... Devs often break the game. it wouldn't surprise me if they re-introduced old bugs.

3 years ago

Well it is a problem with infinite resources - with bigger yield you get bigger diamond overflow. And it does seem like it works as a chance - you get diamonds with some probability but with yield (8 at a time with 800% yield) but in the end you get wrong ratio.

3 years ago

The same thing with mining galena with Nickel ore. It says 47.7/28.6 ratio and the chest gets them as 1008/1000.

3 years ago

if possible, report it as a bug on the factorio forums?

3 years ago

They said this is "works as intended".... O_O

3 years ago

So it's not going to be fixed - you will always have equal ratio with high yield...

New response