Bob's Ores

Adds some useful ores.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

g Cobaltite

3 years ago

Why is cobaltite generated so outside of the center of the map, never central?

3 years ago

Ask the same for Uranium.

To be fair, when you research cobalt processing, you unlock the recipe to get Cobalt Oxide from Copper ore (along with a whole heap of Copper), and since the first cobalt ore processing step is to turn it into Cobalt Oxide, you really don't need the ore at all...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Okay: Why is Cobaltite and Uranium generated so outside of the center of the map, never central?
for battery 2 i need for example 2 lithium cobalt oxide what needs cobalt(or i produce cobalt oxide with Copper plates[ok i actually didn't think about that])

3 years ago

Well, The devs decided to put Uranium outside of the starting zone of the map so that you have to go look for it, give you a reason to explore.
I put Cobalt outside of the starting zone because you don't really need the ore, you can just make it from copper.

On top if this, you can choose a small starting area, in this case, it's limited in size, so there's not really much room to put a lot of different types of ores. As such, I chose only the ones important to start with to spawn in the starting area. (including Lead, Tin and Quartz, as they're needed to make Electronics. Quartz is also needed to make Glass, which some low tier items, such as the greenhouse use.)

3 years ago

i understand that..
but it can happen that the first one is very far outside the starting area, or it was a bug from the resource generator, idk ..
from now on, cobaltite will also be generated every now and then

3 years ago

The problem with the resource generator is that placement is completely random. it could show up literally on the boundery between starting zone and the rest of the map... or really far away.

3 years ago

I've been playing bob's mods for over 500 hours.. and I never found a single vein of sulfur or cobaltite in my life... this ores simply doesn't exist at all at the game.... Even finding veins with 1,1Bilion or more from all of the other ores, I never found theese ores.... please review the ores generation system, it's broken...

3 years ago

I've been playing bob's mods for over 500 hours.. and I never found a single vein of sulfur or cobaltite in my life... this ores simply doesn't exist at all at the game.... Even finding veins with 1,1Bilion or more from all of the other ores, I never found theese ores.... please review the ores generation system, it's broken...

Did you turn them on?
By default, all the ores are turned off, and if you have Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod (bobplates/MCI) installed, it will force-enabled "Required" ores. This does NOT include Cobaltite or Sulfur, as there are alternate methods to obtain them.
Sulfur comes from many processes, including lead and nickel processing on top of the oil processing chain.
Cobalt Oxide is obtainable from the advanced copper processing recipe that you unlock by researching cobalt processing. The only thing you can use the ore for is to create Cobalt Oxide, therefore the ore itself isn't needed.

New response