Bob's Ores

Adds some useful ores.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

b Error on Startup

4 years ago

After Factorio updated, this mod causes an error when the game starts up. I assume the devs changed something to do with icon sizes, but they haven't released any patch notes yet. The error is as follows:

Failed to load mods. The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside of the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
Sprite name: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.
If this is being used as an icon, you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.

4 years ago

yeah I also received this I tried installed all the .17 versions which still doesn't work.
also tried resizing and changing the iron_ore.png but that doesn't I guess we will have to wait for a fix

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, I got it working by changing some lines of code in his Data.Lua file

How to Fix:
1. go to your %appdata% Folder and go to Factorio > Mods > bobores.zip
2. open up the data.lua file inside the ZIP (you may have to extract the file to edit)
3. go to the very bottem of the file on line 122, 124 (Iron) and 128, 130 (Stone)
4. comment out the lines by putting -- (two dashes you can see how its done for copper and coal ore)
5. save the file and add it back to the .ZIP and you are done

CODE: (data.lua)
https://pastebin.com/Hdv1wHJ9

4 years ago

I released an update to fix this issue.

4 years ago

I am also having an issue with this on 0.16.51 but the error is with stone.png and causes the mods RSO, YARM, NoFluidsToMine, BobOres, FlareStack, Liquid Science to need to be disabled. because of bobores stone.png icon size property is outside of sprite range.

4 years ago

I am also having an issue with this on 0.16.51 but the error is with stone.png and causes the mods RSO, YARM, NoFluidsToMine, BobOres, FlareStack, Liquid Science to need to be disabled. because of bobores stone.png icon size property is outside of sprite range.

0.16 versions of the mod aren't being updated anymore. In theory, nothing should error about icon_size, because nobody should be using larger size icons in there... The only exception would be if someone else is also changing the icon if they're still working on the mod, and integrating some 0.17 updates into older versions.

My only real suggestion is to go ahead and try Cryforce's fix.

4 years ago

Okay Thanks I will check that out and see of it Works.

New response