BiusArt Light poles

by BiusArt

Adds light poles with different lighting

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Tiny review of 0.0.1 on 0.17.26

4 years ago

I haven’t found how to use it so far, but it looks interesting.
More thoughts:
1. Blue (cyan?) is very bright and similar to white. Compare it to red, which is verrry saturated and dark (maybe a little too dark).
2. Some poles are slightly inclined and fixes itself after some time when more pores added. Is it intentional?
3. Video you provided looks totally different than poles I placed by myself. That’s bad for promo. https://i.imgur.com/6Z4kQ3W.jpg. I tried it with all mods off.
4. My lights do not pulsate (that’s good), lit area radius is much smaller and has very sharp edges (not good).
5. It would be great to see screenshots in the website in addition to video. Some people hates video :)
Will wait for new versions :)

4 years ago

Correction: 0.0.1 on 0.17.76

4 years ago

I haven’t found how to use it so far, but it looks interesting.
More thoughts:
1. Blue (cyan?) is very bright and similar to white. Compare it to red, which is verrry saturated and dark (maybe a little too dark).
2. Some poles are slightly inclined and fixes itself after some time when more pores added. Is it intentional?
3. Video you provided looks totally different than poles I placed by myself. That’s bad for promo. https://i.imgur.com/6Z4kQ3W.jpg. I tried it with all mods off.
4. My lights do not pulsate (that’s good), lit area radius is much smaller and has very sharp edges (not good).
5. It would be great to see screenshots in the website in addition to video. Some people hates video :)
Will wait for new versions :)

Saturated blue color in Factorio looks very dark besides it is unpleasant for peoples eyes that is why I chose cyan because it looks way better but we left the mark called 'blue' because this word is more understandable for people that word 'cyan'.
Poles tilted intentionally because straight vertical objects in Factorio looks not interesting which all the developers knows. The algorithm of incline poles exactly the same as vanilla steel poles. It is rather strange that you didn't notice it in vanilla poles.

Placing of the poles on your picture is absolutely senseless, I don't understand what you were waiting for placing them very close to each others. My poles in Factorio gives the same light as the vanilla lamps are. If we will put a lot of vanillas lamps very close to each others so we will see exactly the same sharp edges effect and colors distortions. I think that you don't know about this maybe because you use standard lamps for light up your base rather rare.

One user sent me a screenshot of proper using of my mode. On this screenshot I see that atmosphere my mod was done for.

And one more thing - My poles pulsate because I played with the electricity on my base, I didn't mention anywhere that this pulsation is a part of the mode, but it looks cool on a video in my opinion :-)
One more - the "Latest Version" of my mode depends on me only, not on the Factorio version. The "Factorio version" depends on Factorio version.

4 years ago

Thanks for explanations :). There are a couple things I didn't knew.

New response