Auto Fill

by Nexela

Autofill inserts items (ammo,fuel,etc) inside entities when placing them in the world.

Utilities
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.16

g What does this line mean?

7 years ago

"Toggle dividing fuel/ammo amongst groups of items with CTRL-ALT-F. "

Can you please provide an explanation as to what this even means? How do I change the amount a building fills up by when being placed. If the only way is heavy code, please explain each field properly.

7 years ago

Groups : entities that share the same group in your inventory (car, hand, main inventory, but NOT quickbar) will be added together when dividing up ammo. This is done so that if you place every item of the group they will all get roughly the same amount of items filled.

Limits: This is the maximum amount of items to autofill into the machine.

With Groups and Limits on if you have 10 turrets, and 100 magazines each turret will get 10 magazines, if you have 200 magazines each turret will still only get 10 because limits

With Groups on and limits off each turret will still get 10 because division :), if you have 200 magazines then each turret will get 20

With Groups off, if you have turret-a and turret-b that both use the same type of ammo only the turrets of the type you are placing will be used.

Since I am not at my desktop I can't go into details on how the remote.calls work for setting up personal sets to adjust the limits/groups but there are examples all over.

The next "major" version depending on time will be a lot easier for adding items/groups through a gui type interface. Not sure if I will have this done before .15 though just depends on how much free time I have.

New response