Auto Fill

by Nexela

Autofill inserts items (ammo,fuel,etc) inside entities when placing them in the world.

Utilities
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.16

b Conflict

7 years ago

Okay, so I just added in Factorissimo, and found an issue that may actually be a conflict with Bob's Mods. I'm inside a Factorissimo Factory, and I place down a Steel Furnace, and it gives back an error that says its autofill calling for something to do with Bob's long handed burner inserter, which is no longer a thing as of the latest update in the last couple days. Remove Autofill, no problems. I also tried editing the configs for Bob's mods and nothing seems to work on that front. Basically -- the lines that handle inserters, but I really don't know Lua, just some basic knowledge on structuring for code. Definitely not an expert. Anyway, uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue with the fresh copy.

7 years ago

The problem is that the latest Bob's mods update removed the long handed burner inserters, as well as a few others, so every time autofill tries to call it throws an exception. Need to update autofill with latest bob's mods inserter parameters.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Either of these two options should fix Autofill if it ever gives problems
1 disabling and load/saving game then re enable Autofill.
2 console command /c remote.call("af","resetMod")

This was actually a problem with any mod change that removes an autofilled entity or fuel-type. I (think) I fixed the problem with fuel items being removed but forgot to fix the item/entity filling portion

On First install Autofill reads from a bunch of loader tables to populate default settings. If an item doesn't exist it is not added in. If a mod gets changed Autofill pre-.18 doesn't update these tables

Short Version is: Fixed in .18 with the start of some new features

7 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

New response