Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Some mods don't show research

6 years ago

Don't know if it is possible to fix it at the "auto research" side of things, without every single mod change something but if would be possible, some mods like Angels mods don't show their research at the "search box, SHIT + T". Like "Mechanical Refining" (Angels refining)

6 years ago

This is because the technology name (not localized name) is "ore-crushing" (and "ore-advanced-crushing" for "Advanced Mechanical Refining"). If you search for "ore" then it should appear in the list.
Unfortunately I can't make AR search for the localized name of techs. This would lead to desync in multiplayer games, so the Factorio API doesn't let mods do this.

6 years ago

Oh, ok, thanks for the info!

6 years ago

This is because the technology name (not localized name) is "ore-crushing" (and "ore-advanced-crushing" for "Advanced Mechanical Refining"). If you search for "ore" then it should appear in the list.
Unfortunately I can't make AR search for the localized name of techs. This would lead to desync in multiplayer games, so the Factorio API doesn't let mods do this.

Is there a way to see the technology names from inside the game?

6 years ago

Is there a way to see the technology names from inside the game?

Unfortunately not (well, except using console commands). I know it's not very user friendly, but the alternative really means that a rather extensive GUI must be made. Keep in mind that you can also search for the items the research unlocks (item name, not localized name), which sometimes is easier.
Another alternative is to download https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Doomquill/research-queue. That mod should go along with AR just fine, and it offers a nice GUI for queuing research. If you haven't queued anything in Research Queue, then AR will pick a research for you.

New response