Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g v16.x Update

6 years ago

General question about mods, for my own knowledge. What's the typical timeframe for updates to roll out after a version change like we just had from 15 - 16? Only curious, no pressure. This mod is one of my favorites, so I picked this one to ask the question. I get that it will vary based on developer etc, but in y'alls experience, how does it go down?

6 years ago

Usually I'd get an update within a day or two, but I'm currently moving out of my old apartment and my gaming rig is tucked away for at least another month. All I got left is a weak laptop that's far from powerful enough to run Factorio.
I'll see what I can do, but if 0.16 requires lots of changes, I may not be able to fix this mod myself before february :\

6 years ago

I've uploaded version 4.0.0. It's practically untested, just modified the code enough to make it work with Factorio 0.16.
Use at own risk :)

6 years ago

Well that was fast!!

6 years ago

The GUI does not save changes on close meaning I can't disable auto research and enable researching queued techs.

6 years ago

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at it as soon as I have the time (hopefully later today).

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I looked briefly into it. In 0.16 it appears like clicking on checkboxes won't trigger an event. I'm not sure whether this is intended or not. If it is intended I'll have to write some more code to make it work. If it's not then I expect it to be fixed by the game devs within few days.
Until then, I've uploaded a new version (4.0.1) as I found another bug that's been around for a long time, but it only affects mods that use any of the remote interfaces AR provide (seems like no mods are using these). However, until the issue with checkboxes are fixed, there's a workaround to check/uncheck these boxes through the console:
/c remote.call("auto_research", "enabled", "player", true/false)
/c remote.call("auto_research", "queued_only", "player", true/false)
/c remote.call("auto_research", "allow_switching", "player", true/false)
/c remote.call("auto_research", "announce_completed", "player", true/false)
/c remote.call("auto_research", "deprioritize_infinite_tech", "player", true/false)

6 years ago

Checkboxes should be fixed now. There was a change in the game not listed in the changelog.

New response