Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Start Message

6 years ago

Would be nice if the chat does not shows up on [game load]/[mode update], instead only shows up when some research actually finishes.

When you update the mod or sometimes when you load the game, it shows up one message for every single research that you already done. That is quite annoying, sure it causes no problem and it disappear after while, just that it is inconvenient.

6 years ago

Hmm. I've not seen this myself except when you're in sandbox/creative mode and enable all techs. Although I'll see if I can change it to just print the first tech and then "... and x other technologies researched".

Why print the first tech at all? Well, it's easier to code :)

6 years ago

I've added a fix for this in 3.4.0.

6 years ago

That was fast, hahaha thanks.

Actually, Every time I Load up the game, I receive a "rain" of "upgrade complete...." for all research that I have already update, If I save the game and Load again It will shows up again. Not sure why, I'm using tons of mods.

It was more like to prevent those messages from showing up all the time and just show when you actually research them. Maybe creating something like a "Flag" array for all research [ResearchName, Flag], before showing it Up checks if it is checked, if it is, ignore, if not, show and check

I have update and load the game and all shows up again :'(

By the way, the mod now is very nice and stable, I have never stopped using this after you put controls to start and stop instead of using console commands.

6 years ago

Hmm, then your issue must be something else than what I thought it was. I'm not really sure what this might be, AR only prints two types of messages and they both start with "[Auto Research]". The messages you receive, do they start with this tag? If not, then it's something else than AR printing those messages.

6 years ago

yes, [Auto Research]... I'm terrible trying to explain stuff hahahahhaa,
take a look on this [https://youtu.be/Jo3f6wAvztE]

6 years ago

Going on vacation here so won't be able to respond quickly, but I think the issue here is that you're loading a savegame where those messages already were printed to the chat window. The chat is stored in the savefile so there's nothing I can do about it. In new games this shouldn't happen :-)

6 years ago

OOh, ok no problems, well thanks that doesn't hurt.

New response