Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i [REQUEST] "Ban" button

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Would love to have a way to "BAN" research so it NEVER gets researched ever again automatically.
Example: https://gyazo.com/1321552d62bc4934cd38e1423b4fdf95
The image shows that even though I tried to "Ban" Toolbelt, it STILL researched the living heck out of it in the end once I unchecked "Only research prioritized"

Adding more research to the list, defeats the point of having the mod in the first place -- namely AUTOMATION.

Once you uncheck the darn option the mod does as i wanted for such a mod, but since i can't ban Toolbelt, it's a rather useless mod at the same time...

Prioritizing research a few or a ton at the time quickly crowd up the GUI.
And for what ever reason, does not make a scroll bar appear, and thus the darn thing "floats" out of the screen.

6 years ago

I may look into changing the behavior of "deprioritized" techs. This mod has changed over the versions, so "prioritized" and "deprioritized" may not make as much sense anymore.

6 years ago

Well, you can keep de-priorities, since you already have a button that make sense for that... You have an up and down arrow, they could be prioritizes and the Ø can be the Ban button, shouldn't be to much to change on the behaviour of the script... but only guessing.

Banning the Auto Research script from EVER researching something will be a super help for those who install mods that include research they don't want or ever need.
Like in m example, i enjoy BigBags, but i hate having the extra toolbelts due to crappy overlapping GUI and clonky controls of the hotbar. So, being able to BAN certain tech from be Auto Researched would make your mod even more useful.

New response