Auto Research

by canidae

Automates research. Toggle GUI with Shift+T (customizable).

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Start/Stop button

7 years ago

Would be nice to have an Start/Stop button that send the console comand so you can stop the auto research when you need.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Two reasons:

1 - Easy for every one.
2 - You don't get your achievements blocked

7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it, I just need to figure out a way to make it as little intrusive as possible (I prefer not to add GUI elements that clutter up the screen, thinking of using a keybind or something similar instead).

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I guess you've probably already discovered it by the time you read this reply, but you can toggle Auto Research on/off in version 0.4.0 using Shift+T.

7 years ago

Wot, not yet, but i'll check that out, thanks for the tip.

7 years ago

Yeh it's work like a charm. For me the key bind short cut is enough, don't break the achievements and is easy and clean. A button, if some how you can put on the Research menu, like at right from the "Research button". Just so you don't have tons of buttons on the top left of the screen. But i don't know if it is possible.

7 years ago

Funny you should mention that. Didn't read this before now, but I already looked into if it's possible to modify the base game GUI like the research view/technology tree. Unfortunately this is not possible (according to Factorio devs). So it'll have to be the short cut for now.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

For me is OK, easy and clean. Better than tons of buttons every where hahahah.
You could make a button and a config file to set the button visibility, So any one who wants the button can set it to visible, something like that.
Maybe two settings

1 - Visible = true--True/False -> set the Start/Stop auto research button visibility
2 - position = 1 -- 1/2/3/4 -> something like a map like (1-Top Left; 2-Bottom Left;etc...)

7 years ago

Is really nice how you handle the console commands with the new screen :)

New response