Infinite Technology Expanded 2

Adds more infinite research.

Utilities
1 year, 11 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Error message on loading game

2 years ago

few mods got updated at ones and this is one of the messages that might apply to this mod.

300.813 Error ModManager.cpp:1577: Technology worker-robots-storage: Infinite research followed by level 5

2 years ago

What mods are you using?
If you know if any of the mods add worker robot storage that would be helpful, as it's easier to debug things being able to test them yourself.

2 years ago

well it only happend after the update and i got 190 ish mods so my gues is one of these mods, 5dim's New bot recaller, Combat robots time to live, Followers+ , Module inserter, Nanobots: early bots, Robot attrition, Robot battery research, 5dim's new infinite research, AAI containers and werehouses, Quality of live research, Rampant arsenal, RPG System, Tesla Tank.

Well i bet most of thease has nothing to do with it but atleast it narows it down a bit.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

After some more testing i now have narowed it down to these 3 mods , more upgrade tiers for space exploration - Equipment update! , AAI Industry , 5Dim's mod -New Infinite Research.

Hope this helps.

Did bit more testing i am prity sure it is 5dim becuse i enabled only that one and problem showed up again.

2 years ago

ok i figured it out you must have these mods to triger the bug.

1: 5dim new core
2: 5dim new infinite research
3: 5dim new logistics
4: your mod this one.

2 years ago

Just pushed the fix to git, it just required adding a check for the previous tech being infinite, and a hidden optional dependency for 5dim's new infinite research

2 years ago

Uh oh! Looks like that fix may have broken things. I have a screenshot of the error message do you want it?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Uh oh! Looks like that fix may have broken things. I have a screenshot of the error message do you want it?

Uhh... yes.

Edit: nvm I just saw your github issue, I just tested it turns out the new patch fixes 5dim's but breaks everything else

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

well works fine for me gues ill not update 5dim in the mean wile.
Oh only now i realised i missunderstood... nvm ignore me.

2 years ago

Loading Error with Boblogistic
boblogistics/prototypes/technology-logistics.lua:1: attempt to index field 'toolbelt' {a nil value} stack traceback:
boblogistics/prototypes/technology-logistics.lua:1: in main chunk [C]: in function 'require'
boblogistics/data.lua:53: in main chunk

2 years ago

Loading Error with Boblogistic
boblogistics/prototypes/technology-logistics.lua:1: attempt to index field 'toolbelt' {a nil value} stack traceback:
boblogistics/prototypes/technology-logistics.lua:1: in main chunk [C]: in function 'require'
boblogistics/data.lua:53: in main chunk

Should now be fixed

2 years ago

Error with boblogistics is fixed!
But i found a new one.
omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:97: Prereq toolbelt of Technlolgy inventory-1 does not exist stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:97: in function 'omnipack_tech_post_update'
omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:153: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
omnimatter_science/data-final-fixes.lua:1: in main chunk

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:97: Prereq toolbelt of Technlolgy inventory-1 does not exist stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:97: in function 'omnipack_tech_post_update'
omnimatter_science/prototypes/functions.lua:153: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
omnimatter_science/data-final-fixes.lua:1: in main chunk

Omnimatter science iterates though all technology, changing the science pack, and has caught the error before the game meaning I don't know what mod is creating inventory-1. I'll try making a fix by iterating through all technologies and changing them, but it would be helpful if in the meantime you could try removing omnimatter science to find the mod that adds it, or if you are playing a modpack tell me which one.

Just tested with a bunch of mods: do you have CJ's QoL tech? As a temp fix you can just disable this mod's toolbelt tech in the mod settings

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This should now be fixed in the git version, it's easier to fix problems on git than release a new update every time a bugfix happens, to install the git version go to the github site (https://github.com/archiecarrot123/Infinite-Technology-Extended-2) and download the .zip (press code (the green button) then download zip). This can be installed by placing it in your "mods" directory (inside your Factorio user data directory https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory#User_data_directory).

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yes after i deactivate omnimatter science a error message from CJ's QoL pops up.
I will test the git version.
Update:
Can't load the game with the git version.
Infinite-Technology-Extended-2-master.zip doesn't match the expected archie-inf-tech_1.0.4.zip (case sensitive!)

2 years ago

Can't load the game with the git version.
Infinite-Technology-Extended-2-master.zip doesn't match the expected archie-inf-tech_1.0.4.zip (case sensitive!)

Oh, yeah sorry, just rename the file to archie-inf-tech_1.0.4.zip or unzip it and delete the original.

2 years ago

It seems to work with the git hub version. I'll get back to you if I find any more bugs. Thanks

2 years ago

cool :)

New response