Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam (forked)

by ldinc

This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam). 'Love and fame for the burner inserter!' The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called 'Electrification' which can be called the goal of this modification.

9 months ago

g Turrets & Walls

3 years ago

With the way the research tree is currently laid out, Turrets and Walls should be gated by red science packs. In other words, they're visible at the start of a game when they shouldn't be.

However, you might consider moving them earlier. It starts becoming really hard to defend a base with no turrets once medium biters are out in force.

(I'm significantly behind schedule in my current playthrough because there was no early rubber production :P)

3 years ago

Other minor issue - can't fast replace burner long inserter with electric long inserter. Needed to pick up the burner one to put down the electric

3 years ago

Other research that should be gated:

Physical projectile damage 3 behind Military science
Electric centrifuge, Electric crusher, Greenhouse 3, and Electric press behind Chemical science

Also, it's possible to research Electric Engine before Engine, which is not very useful

3 years ago

Quite a few researches should be gated behind Chemical:

Electric centrifuge
Electric crusher
Greenhouse 3
Electric press
Robotics
Equipment burner generator 1
Lab research speed 3
Inserter capacity bonus 3
Mining productivity 2
Refined flammables 3
Stronger explosives 3
Follower robot count 3
Physical projectile damage 5
Weapon shooting speed 5

... I don't know without looking if this can be influenced by the Phasma mods at all, but Power Armor MK3 mod's Nightvision MK2 should also be gated behind Chemical Science

3 years ago

Wood Liquifaction's icon looks kinda squished

New response