Angel's Extended - Remelting

by Aragas

An extension to Angel's Smelting. Adds Alloy Mixer that is used to mix molten metals into alloys directly and adds the ability to remelt metal plates into molten liquids. Supports Bob's Mods, MadClown01's Processing and ShinyAngelGFX.

4 years ago

g 1.0 Update

3 years ago

Can we please get an update for this mod?

3 years ago

Well, the author has been quiet for over a year. And no one can legally copy the mod and update it due to his "no derivatives" license...I think?

But for personal use: just update the factorio version number in "info.json" to 1.0 and enlarge the icons in "graphics/icons" to 64x64. That's all it takes to get it working.

3 years ago

Well, the author has been quiet for over a year. And no one can legally copy the mod and update it due to his "no derivatives" license...I think?

But for personal use: just update the factorio version number in "info.json" to 1.0 and enlarge the icons in "graphics/icons" to 64x64. That's all it takes to get it working.

I tried that with 1.1 but still I get error while loading the mod - File not found: angelspetrochem/graphics/icons/num_1.png
I looked through mod files but I am unable to find any reference for that file inside mod files of this mod.

3 years ago

I tried that with 1.1 but still I get error while loading the mod - File not found: angelspetrochem/graphics/icons/num_1.png
I looked through mod files but I am unable to find any reference for that file inside mod files of this mod.

3 years ago

Found it in alloy-mixer.lua

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Got it working for 1.1

There are 3 things to do:
1) edit info.json to factorio version 1.1
2) enlarge the icons in "graphics/icons" to 64x64
3) change icons path in prototypes\buildings\alloy-mixer.lua change all instances of: [code]"angelspetrochem/graphics/icons/" to angelsrefining/graphics/icons/[/code]
Note there are "__" in front of and after angelspetrochem and angelsrefining. I used code BBC but it is ignored and instead it still uses font shortcuts

2 years ago

Thanks JanW90Cz! This is exactly what I needed!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Additionally, if you take this definition of a derivative work, I do not believe that an update of this nature counts as a derivative, because the goal is to create something that is virtually identical to the original. If you make the update and add, say, a ratio tweaker setting or fix a text typo, that would be a derivative work because you made a substantive or editorial change. Finally, an update like this is made in good faith, so as long as you link back to the original work, you pass the "don't be a d*ck" test.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Derivative_works#What_is_a_derivative_work?

Therefore: if you don't want to publish the updated plugin for the community, I'm very comfortable doing so, but you figured out the update so it's your author credit to take.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hey Everyone - I uploaded a version that seems to work with 1.1 factorio here

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsextended-remelting-fixed

If Aragas says so I'll take it down, but otherwise, enjoy

Oh and thanks JanW90Cz for delineating what were the issues

2 months ago

Thanks for keeping the fixes! I've seen that there is also another fork of the mod
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angels-liquid-alloy-mixing

New response