Air filtering

by Schorty

Adding machines to reduce pollution

2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Not working

3 years ago

Air filters does not work anymore, it consumes filters but not reducing pollution

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I had this error. I fixed it myself! If you're willing to put in the effort for a quick workaround, you can make an edit in the "\air-filtering_0.x.x\prototypes\entity.lua" file to get them working again. Open it in any text editor.

1) Move the line "emissions_per_second = -3," just inside the "Energy source =" section. It can be right after the "type = "electric", " line if ya want, but if you put it at the end instead be sure to move the comma at the end to the previous line. (I left it in the code commented out via "-- " in front.)

2) Replace the "_second" part with "_minute" instead. It doesn't make it work slower, that's just the more up-to-date coding. (Though the "_second" is supposed to still work via backwards compatibility just fine.)

3) Those lines are found once for each machine, so repeat for all 3 machines.

My Example for the first machine:
-- emissions_per_second = -3,
energy_source =
{
type = "electric",
usage_priority = "secondary-input",
emissions_per_minute = -3
},

Confusing? Yes? Then I'm no help. No idea how many people can figure out where their mod folder is to do such an edit anyway. :P (%appdata%/roaming/factorio/mods" on windows 10 I believe? Kinda a hidden folder.) It is rather annoying to edit mod folders, but not really hard. Mostly trial and error. Modding is easy...ish!

...though I can't say I have tested the solution intensely. <.< >.> <.< The tooltip shows up. It may also lead the the filters not being needed due to the effect being attached to the power usage, but I suspect the machine doesn't draw full power without the filter.

3 years ago

Sorry for the long wait.
I've updated the mod and will upload it now. Thank you James, for the help in finding the solution. I don't have much time to look for stuff like this at the moment :D

New response